RIP Bo

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: RIP Bo

Post by WLLady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:19 pm

sorry happy, my last two feline furballs were with me for 21 years......our lives are so much better for them having been in it!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you everyone. I guess I am a cat and a dog person although I have sworn that once these cats are gone there will be no more. In fact the older I get the more appealing no house pets becomes but we'll see.
My lone cat left is quite wild and he literally just eats and sleeps here.
Bo was a character and like Tom says a bastard lol. His favorite pastime was figuring out new ways to wake me up. Imagine my surprise when he started setting off my clock radio at 4am when he started to feel hungry. I had to switch alarms because once he learned that there was no stopping him! Many times I chased him around the house swearing I would strangle him with my bare hands if I ever caught him and just getting madder when I realized how much fun that was for him! He was a jerk but a great jerk.

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Sorry to hear that! RIP Bo.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:33 pm

We have a cat that looks like the twin to Bo, and at some time we will lament his passing. I think all of us on the site are animal people, and we all know some of the wonderful stuff, and some of the not so great stuff, like this one for you. Get another house pet. Never be without them. Most pets are better than most people.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Well first off Happy, thanks for caring enough to give him a home. Cats are a cool animal, I think a lot of people's problem with them is they don't understand that cats are not %100 domesticated, they still have that independent wild streak left in them. I probably wouldn't have a cat if I didn't live on a farm. I tried to live for five years without any, that experience gave me such a new appreciation for what cats do for us that we never knew. Both my cats that I have now were thrown away, one was going to be shot, the other dumped on a road near me to die. They are working pets to me, so I don't baby them (actually yes I do) but I fixed them, give them all their shots, pay them for their work with meow mix and then turn them loose on the world of pests! Also no matter how hard I try not to get too attached, they use their super powers of cuteness to weaken me. So it's ok to be sad and miss your little buddy.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

Happy-when my old boys went i swore no more cats....that lasted exactly 1 year. The mice moved in and now i have 3 awesome mousers. And big pieces of my heart belong to each one. Rose was missing or 3 weeks once and i figured she been coyote bait...sigh. i dont think i ever cried so much when i found her over in the woods completely ok but lost on how to get home!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Happy

Post by Happy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

At the time that Bo moved in he was #7 house cat (plus 6 dumped kittens in a basement room). Every one of them had been abandoned or dumped by someone. That's why Bo was only supposed to be a 2 night foster! Lol. The last one now standing is LB who showed up one fall about 13years ago completely feral but obviously starving. I fed him for a year and a half before he was tame enough to move inside. He was the only cat that wasn't afraid of Bo and he seems to be missing him now although I hadnt seen them interact much for a while. There was a period of time that I seemed to find a dumped cat everywhere I went. Even the Timmy's drive thru one morning...i got really good at finding homes for them! So I do believe I've had my life's share of cats for a bit anyways. Honestly I'm tired of that clingy hair and cat puke and getting up at midnight to call a cat because they didn't show up for supper. That may all change once LB is gone and I don't have a warm, small creature to cuddle on the couch with! Oh and these last two boys would go outside and kill everything that moved but watch mice in the house like it was Kitty tv and do nothing!!!

Happy

Post by Happy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 am

Just found this
IMG_1631.JPG

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:51 am

Picture of the month candidate.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Return to “Around the Waterer”