September nights.

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

September nights.

Post by Skinny rooster » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:59 pm

To be honest, I love cool fall nights when everything is still and the air is crisp and dry, too bad it's in July however! :sAng_banghead:

Soooo, this morning the meteorologists who very accurately predicted that June and July would be cold and wet were being interviewed again by a local station. They had been saying that the jet stream which is stalled above us should move up north and we would have a more normal summer during August. However to my complete horror, they are now saying NO. The jet stream is stuck there and will not be moving, they said that the heat of this time of year should have moved it but that now it's too late, this will be our August. :sEm_ImSorry:

:hands: maybe this would help.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: September nights.

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:38 pm

oh boy, just had a serious talk with myself, what do you object to ?
lovely cool nights?? not really...lack of horrid heat?? not really.... it's just that it's bloody JULY!!!!! and I wish to be uncomfortably hot for at least couple of days, so I know it's JULY !!!!!
The weather map shows heat EVERYWHERE on the continent accept in that jet stream dip in which we seem to be stuck in.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:55 am

We have crisp and dry grass, and humid air. No rain in the forecast for the next two weeks. Hasn't rained here for all of July and part of June and now they are saying it could be the same for August. Temps are 30 ish every day. My water supply is a dugout and the water is really evaporating. I could be in trouble. If I have to put in some other water supply it will cost me a fortune!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:15 pm

So Schnookie is in Regina, here in the Ottawa Valley, its almost swamplike with the rain we've had so far. Yesterday is the first three day stretch of sun we've had and farmers are finally taking a first cut of hay (normally its late June) and many farmers have crops completely lost: either delayed, seeds drowned/molded out, or still underwater. A local farmer with 80 acres of veggies is "up the creek" with regards to his contracts with grocery stores and his farm stalls.
Bring on the sun! :fan:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 pm

I'd love to send you some sun and trade you for some rain. It was 37 degrees here yesterday. Still no rain - 30% chance of a shower on Wednesday, otherwise sun and temps mid 20s this week. Crazy weather!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 am

we could use some rain down here.....our grass is crispy yellow, haven't had any rain in 2 weeks and we're burning off.....sigh. and it's routinely 35C and the sun is just brutal intense. had to water the garden and the lawn....trying to get the lawn greener for the bbq on saturday, otherwise, well, bring sandals or shoes! it's going to be crunchy and dusty!
we had too much rain this spring, and now not enough rain to keep stuff growing, just hope the beans and corn roots grow down real fast.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:37 am

When I was out west I'll always remember the ranchers in Montana saying " they always got rain when they needed it & they needed it all the time " . Lol
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 pm

We finally got a break. A couple of showers today, some cloud cover for a while, and a high of 21. It's supposed to go to 8 tonight and the forecast for the next week is more in the low 20s. What a relief! Still need lots more rain though.

Return to “Around the Waterer”