Merchandise is here

General discussion forum.
poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Merchandise is here

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:41 am

Hello PTO,
so we had a poll in January if you are interested to purchase items with PTO logo aka Merchandise. We expected the poll was very far spread and meant to me that there is a bit of interest for a wide variety of things. I am sure you are aware that volume matters when purchasing something, so wide spread means we won't have volume. The clothing items will need to be different sizes and some people like different styles and colours than others. We struggled with that for a WHILE until I think we found a solution.
We found an online store with good reviews where you can custom make items and order 1 piece at a time. The store provides the production and distribution service, and PTO gets a share of the profits. This way there are no minimum quantities, and everyone can customize the items with their own addition if so desired.
So what's the catch? Well, the prices are not as good as if we were to buy say 500 XL pink hoodies and have them embroidered with our logo.
I understand that the prices will limit the number of items sold and if you have a suggestion to solve this problem, I'll gladly listen.

So how do you get to it?
Have a look at the top menu bar, you see a shopping cart or look inside the three bars if you are on a phone.
shop.JPG
Cloth shopping works by selecting the general style first, then the actual style, then the colour and then your size. There are currently two clothing items. If you want a different hoodie/sweater/t-shirt styles or a different colour you can select that in the store. You also have options to custom embroider additional text for free onto the garment (need tablet or computer). There are several locations where you can add this text (Front right chest, nape, back high, back low, and some others depending on the style of apparel you are selecting). You could use this for your username, real name or signature??
For mugs, checkout the design first, then choose style.

To limit the cost, they have almost always some sort of promotion. If your desired item is not on sale, come back when the current promotion is over. For this weekend, they have a 20.17% sale on everything in the store.
Another suggestion is to find willing people who order and that way shipping is only paid once. For SW Ontario and piknik participants, I'll be putting an order together this weekend. I want to get the 20% and delivery before the piknik.

If you find another item you would like to get with the logo on it, I'll gladly add it. They sell phone cases, table tennis rackets, stationary, ... you get it, they sell almost everything.
Happy shopping!
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Re: Merchandise is here

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:34 pm

My order is going in around 8pm tonight. If you want to join it to save shipping, prepare your items in your shopping cart and share them with admin@pto.ca
That way I know exactly what you want.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 am

Could you please post a link to the online store?

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 am

snip1.PNG
snip1.PNG (7.46 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
it is in the top menu bar called "shop" with the shopping cart icon (on the desktop and laptop) on the cellphone it will be a choice under the menu bar (the 3 lines) . click on it, and then on the item you are interested in and it will take you to the store. if you link to the store through PTO we get a proportion of the proceeds, if you don't, the store gets it all :-)

we did place our order, and finally got the issues with the store sorted out, and i received the most amazing mug ever!!!!! you can even customize them for no extra charge-put your name on it or your user name or whatever. so i put "Kathy's mug" on the back of my mug...so if someone at work steals it it's got my name on it!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am

WLLady wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 am
snip1.PNGit is in the top menu bar called "shop" with the shopping cart icon (on the desktop and laptop) on the cellphone it will be a choice under the menu bar (the 3 lines) . click on it, and then on the item you are interested in and it will take you to the store. if you link to the store through PTO we get a proportion of the proceeds, if you don't, the store gets it all :-)

we did place our order, and finally got the issues with the store sorted out, and i received the most amazing mug ever!!!!! you can even customize them for no extra charge-put your name on it or your user name or whatever. so i put "Kathy's mug" on the back of my mug...so if someone at work steals it it's got my name on it!!!!!
Sorry, I'm still not able to link to the site.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:19 pm

If you click on shop in the menu bar you should see the items. Click on the picture of the shirt or mug and it should take you to zazzle.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm

I have a LOT of trouble accessing Zazzle from my phone...pages won't load many times, and I can't register for an account, because according to them, my e-mail address is invalid, LOL! No big deal, I'll just do it from my laptop when I get a minute, I just thought I'd give people using mobile (especially 8 year old dinosaur phones like mine) a heads-up. Also, POLO SHIRTS???!!! Yuck. And they're cheaper than t-shirts, wtf sense does that make? I don't want something if I'm going to have to iron the collar, ironing ranks high on my Don't Wanna Do list along with shirt tucking, hemming pants and watching golf :-P lol! Anyway, is there some sort of notification system that will let me know that PTO got a cut? Because I'm fully expecting to do something wrong and click off somehow :-/

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:12 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm
Also, POLO SHIRTS???!!! Yuck.

Anyway, is there some sort of notification system that will let me know that PTO got a cut? Because I'm fully expecting to do something wrong and click off somehow :-/
My polo shirt fresh out of the dryer. Been on the hanger for 1min. No iron!
20170715_180016.jpg
Anyone buying the stuff in the PTO store will generate a revenue for PTO. I'll get a notification from them if a sale has been made. You don't have to type in a code or anything.

The customization is really only available on a computer anyway (like add your own text...). Need a mouse for that.

Make sure you don't use Express shipping! That's a pretty expensive option.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:05 pm

OK, I get it now. Must have been having a few "senior moments".

Return to “Around the Waterer”