Trying to sell something on facebook or kijiji

General discussion forum.
windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Trying to sell something on facebook or kijiji

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 am

I've been trying to declutter the yard. I posted this ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... stSource=b in various places. Seems pretty straightforward to ME. I figured lots of info for the price, if someone had a question they could ask, or come see and I would happily explain. Lots of pictures, I thought. Town and post code clearly listed on ads.
Some questions I have fielded:
Several of: Can I have more pictures? (Me: of what?) them: The interior.
How is it to tow? and
Will it tow behind xx vehicle?
What do you mean that the roof leaked?
Where are you?
Whereabouts are you?
I think you might be to (sic) far, how do I get there?
Interested. (got loads of those, still not sure what they were asking lol)
Seconds? (loads of those as well, never responded when I said it hadn't sold yet)
Will you rent it to me?
How do I get to Frankville?
Can I look at it tomorrow? (never shows up)
Will you trade for xx? (had offers of a pt cruiser that was apparently worth three times what the trailer was, so of course I'd have to give HIM 1600, '68 Caddy, junky toy 4 wheeler bikes and other various trash)
And, my personal favourite: Can you deliver to Bmfk, Ontario?

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Trying to sell something on facebook or kijiji

Post by ross » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:58 am

Yep if we could only take people out of these deals life would be so much easier . We have a "picker" so to speak coming here to go through our junk , clutter drawer . Maybe less money but no hassle & they do the work . Kinda like an auction quick & painless . Luck Jan
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 am

more photos of the interior? seriously? i thought you photod the whole thing? LOL
i had one guy want chickens from me-he was from toronto.....definitely asian. i told him they are LIVE chickens. yes yes okay. didn't bring a box or crate or anything, showed up, oh, they LIVE?! YES....i only told you 5 times on the phone and 3 times by email....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

Funnily I posted some bunk beds and mattresses on Kijiji. Within an hour I got an Email, then she came over, said great deal and handed over the full amount! Everybody happy. She said she had seen some at houses she didn't even want to go inside it was so filthy. Yuck.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 am

Wow, why am I not surprised?
Friend of ours posted a car on kijiji and had to take it down, couldn't deal wit the tire kickers.
But there is an occasional good sale like KB , had couple of years ago DH was selling his car, ( I took the pictures for him :)
The first response, the buyer said I will be there in 2 hours, came over handed the asking price and that was it.
Hope the buyers on kijiji aren't a representative of the general population, because the odds for the human race would b pretty slim ;)

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

My sister wanted to sell a full size couch, guy shows up alone with a small SUV. Oddly enough he bought it, young guy next door helped get it in and he drove off with it sticking out the back. I gave up on kijiji, I never sell chickens on there any more.

Chick-a-roo
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by Chick-a-roo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 am

Just had the most overwhelming experience with Kijiji. Have had our tent trailer for sale past 3 years. Was only 7yrs old, excellent condition, great asking price. Very few bites. This year we find out that over the past winter, the floor has rotted out (yes, in our only 7 yr old trailer) - so devastated! Reduced price by half and advertised as-is, fully disclosing the rotten floor. Within 2 hours of it being posted, it sold - after about 20 people contacted me and it ended up in a bidding war 😳 Ended up getting more for it than our reduced asking price, but it's gone.
Crazy that nobody wanted it when it was in perfect condition, but as soon as I sold it as-is people were jumping on it like crazy. Ugh 😑
:rooster66: BOCK! BOCK! BOCK!

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 am

Kijiji. Oh my
We have sold a lot of stuff on Kijiji
Had all kind of questions and no shows
But amazingly most has sold
The winner is.........
Sold a guy a hay elevator a year ago
He paid cash. No problem. Right????
Lol. Nooooooo. He still hasn't come to pick it up
My husband has called - I bet 7 to 8 times
It's still here
We don't know what to do. We gave him a receipt. He did show up once with his high end car blasting his horn at our front gate until Rick went out and talked to him. He said I bought that hay elevator from you last year. Was wondering when I could pick it up. They made arrangements and nothing!!
But really want it out of here
If it was up to me it would have been put at the road with a sign. Whoever paid for this please remove. I'm sure with all the honest people around here the correct owner would remove it
What do you think?????? :tongue:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:57 am

Let him know you will be charging him for storage and the clock just started ticking. ;)

Return to “Around the Waterer”