Subway chicken only 50% meat?

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:17 am

Ontario Chick wrote:QR_BBPOST
Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST On another note, TVO carries some of the best documentaries but did you know that unless a person has cable or satellite tv it will be going off the air in July!!! Wasn't that the point of stations like TVO and the CBC to reach remote corners of Canada.
You will be happy to hear that under intense pressure of viewers and DONORS, they have reversed that decision.
That's excellent!

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:19 am

We watch a tonne of TVO, a pair of almost ordinary rabbit ear antennas and my tvs ability to digitally convert the signal get us like 30 Channels. I always find myself watching something very interesting on TVO after we watch our shows through Kodi then get ready for bed. I always put the tv on TVO for the kids in the morning and go whats this? this is interesting, but darn I need to go to bed... LOL, and stay up watching it all the time!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:37 am

Reading this thread has made me decide to get healed up, plant a garden and go hunting again!!! At least i know what is in my deer meat, and where my vegetables have been and what has been on them!! And hunting tomatoes and lettuce will be about my speed this year, and i will let martjn do the turkey and deer hunting. And of course we will have chickens to process eventually as well.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:47 am

:focus:

OC, I don't know if it's still on line but there used to be a clip on YouTube, where this lady in BC is working in a subway early one morning and a black bear paws at the door and comes in. She runs into the washroom calling 911, it's all caught on the store camera. The funny thing to me is that the bear climbs over the counter and starts smelling the food, it smells everything and then climbs back over and runs out the door. It didn't seem to recognize the food as.... food! This from an animal that likes to eat garbage. That really made me wonder.

:rubbingchin:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:14 am

That really is frightening, perhaps he isn't fond of soya ?
I remember a clip of someone putting two piles of corn on a back of a wagon one GMO and one not, raccoons ate the NON GMO and left the GMO pile untouched. Also an animal that will eat garbage enthusiastically.
That's the main reason why I think it's important we make noise, when we are being sold ? reluctant to write garbage now..
food, sometime I think the food manufacturers are trying to see what they can get away with, before anybody notices?
Anybody else somewhat bothered that some food stuffs are made by Unilever?

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Post by goatgal35 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 am

I have gotten to a point in my life where grocery stores gross me out. Maybe I'm just a conspiracy nut, but commercial food scares me. Nothing makes me happier than putting a meal on the table that we raised, grew, and processed right here at home. I take pride in the fact that a lot of times the only thing store bought is the salt. Don't get me wrong, we still buy stuff. The Grandkids want bananas so our grocery list this week will be two bunches of organic bananas and some TP :)

scottishpet
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Re: Subway chicken only 50% meat?

Post by scottishpet » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:39 pm

What do you do on a rainy snowy awful Sunday afternoon? Go back a read PTO threads from months before you joined!!! OF Course!
Well what an interesting thread and good read this was!

It is disturbing! Yet I am so glad to read that so many others are raising their own food for the very reasons I find myself starting a small homestead when most folks are planning to put their feet up and take life easy. Retirement for us meant the chance to have more control of the food we eat. It means doing the work ourselves and not trusting others (be grocery stores, restaurants, or government) to put quality food in front of us.

I agree to a point with what Russ and Jim said about choice and accountability...except that we live in a culture and society that does not really allow that “free choice”. When government regulators can allow products like coke cola, McDonalds, and soya chicken to be available; yet I don’t have the choice to buy raw milk...are our choices free? When the government steps into regulate our lives, it gives the impression that our well being is paramount to our government. It lulls us into a passive belief that nothing really harmful would be allowed to be sold to us as consumers. Yet we know that is not true.

At present at least I have the health and means to buy a small farm and grow my own food and side step the governmental interference and the lulling to apathy that is the plight of most of the population. The more that this kind of aberrant food is allowed to be labeled as “chicken” the more the general population assumes it is all good...it has to be “safe”, otherwise it couldn’t be sold. SAFE...is that a relative term? If it kills me or harms my body in 20 minutes...maybe it’s not safe? If it kills me or harms my body over the next 20 years...it is? If the governing bodies want to regulate...then do so...and label and package accordingly; like cigarettes...warnings, anti smoking campaigns, keeping cigarettes out of the bodies of growing children etc. Otherwise, then let us truly educate ourselves, and take responsibility and not trust government to do so...let me choose to have raw milk, pasture raised poultry bought directly from a farmer, who in turn can process the bird in his care, and still make a profit. Then we really have the freedom of choice and not just the pretence of it.

Return to “Around the Waterer”