Like eggs, only better.

General discussion forum.
TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Like eggs, only better.

Post by TomK » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:18 pm

I mustn't get more chicks...I mustn't get more chicks... I don't like bachelor life...lol... :sAng_banghead:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Like eggs, only better.

Post by Bayvistafarm » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 am

Just last night, someone who gets eggs once in awhile was PISSED that he had to go to Fortino's for eggs. I won't have any for a week. Throwing them all away, until I can save them again after treating them. He said he can surely taste the difference. And he is right of course.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Like eggs, only better.

Post by Skinny rooster » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:40 am

Farrier1987 wrote:QR_BBPOST Tom, I have been doing research and observing. Those roosters won't lay many eggs for you.

Wow, we learn something new on this site every day! Hahaha!

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Like eggs, only better.

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am

The mushrooms I posted about yesterday. There were some growing on this neighbor's yard. I told the lady that they were good to eat, as I have many times before. Yesterday, she took me up on it and picked some and cooked them. This morning, she told me that he said: "They are like mushrooms, only better. "

So all of you that are reticent to try wild mushrooms. Give it a shot. If you do just a little research on the net, you can identify what you have. Most are pretty simple, and if not sure, any doubts at all, just don't eat them. You need to pick a whole one roots and all, because the shape of the stem and the way the veil is attached and breaks free is usually a part of identifying. Also note where it was growing. And I don't bother with spindly toadstool types. Even if they are good to eat, usually too much bother and hard to clean.

And, if in any real doubt, cook some up and feed them to (insert name of obnoxious neighbor, relative) before you and someone you like tries any. You will know for sure for next time.

Foraging is fun and tasty.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Speaking about 'real' eggs, i have a customer down in the village who was frantic because my girls were laying so slowly over the last while...she claimed that she had an allergy to eggs but qhen they movwd herw and got eggs from me she thought she would sample and see what all the fuss was about...no reaction...her husband claimed that he tasted fish on the eggs from the store..turns out that the egg farm was feeding leftovers from a tilapia fish farm..i believe in a semi liquid form but not sure...anyway, not in my eggs..real eggs...the neighbour has a point
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

That's interesting @TomK because my friend has a problem when she eats eggs but she tried some of mine and she can eat the blue or green ones!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”