Dealing with stress

General discussion forum.
thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Dealing with stress

Post by thegawd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:54 am

I think @pipes fits in quite well here on PTO!

:beer2:
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Ran around yesterday to try and get all the little errands done before the snow today, was feeling pretty good about myself, went out for one last thing this morning, on my way back as I turned on the heater..... CRACK.... huge "S" shaped crack appears in my windshield. This is going to take some major self hugging and at least three to four ABBA songs to calm down over that one!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:14 pm

This you Skinny now ...luck
Attachments
image.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Dealing with stress

Post by thegawd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Damn SR!!! was it caused just by temp change? that sucks big time!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Dealing with stress

Post by Happy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Lol..I'm not sure if I'm laughing more at Skinny's post or Ross's. But definitely laughing WITH you!

pipes
Newly Hatched Chick

Dealing with stress

Post by pipes » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:59 pm

TomK wrote:QR_BBPOST I love Pipes' sideways reference to Corner Gas.... 'spit' indeed....lol... roflmbo ....... :running-chicken:
"That" company treated us (employees) like dogs. Actually worse.

Some examples...

We were a number, and if you didn't like it quit.

During the 5 years I worked there, I would go into work (afternoon shift) and depending on how long the day shift's breaks were, would depend on what time we could leave at night. Shift length also depended on the machine having temper tantrums and breaking bolts. I had worked anything from 8 -16 hours straight, depending on the day, and we NEVER knew when we would be going home. Once we ended up working 16 hours due to break downs, and my boss (I was a supervisor) called me 4 hours after we went home. Some one on day shift wanted to go home sick. I didn't use very nice language and hung up on him. When I showed up for my shift I was told to get into his office, and explain to him and the regional manager my disrespect. They both got told. Told if they didn't like it to fire me so I could sue them personally as well as the company. I think that ended up being a 10 hour night.

One year they had "made too much money", so I was asked for ideas of things that were needed in the plant. I was the afternoon supervisor, and on the safety committee. They needed wright offs. I Told them, both forklifts needed new breaks, the plant forklift also needed new tires, we were short on fire extinguishers, We should all have first aid training. And the first aid kit had been raided so many times it was almost empty. So they bought new computers for the secretaries.

So do I respect that company HELL NO! Having worked there I have also seen every game and lie they tell their customers to scare them into buying product. SO -spit- is my way of being polite to them, after all I'm a nice guy. But if anyone is thinking of buying from them think again, or possibly, PM me if you like and I can tell you the games and lies. I'm not afraid to take them on. I've even convinced 2 of their sales people to quit after they took a critical view of what they were taught to say to their customers. They only care for the profit margin. That's why the sales people have quotas, and only 4 months to prove themselves. High turnover in sales reps. The only ones who make it are too slimy for selling used cars. No offence to and car dealers, but we know the stereo type...

My name is James. Pm me if you want to know the lies.

P.S. I didn't post this rant to get hit with the ban hammer, just as a warning to the awesome members here. Thanks for reading...

Sorry for the highjack..
I'm not saying get rid of the stupid people, I'm saying do away with the warning labels and let the problem work its self out.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:25 pm

James...you fit in here.

I challenge you to find me a posting that starts on track and stays there.

:farmer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Dealing with stress

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:53 pm

The only reason why these don't drift off is because I lock them to prevent that from happening... roflmbo

http://www.poultrytalkontario.net/forum ... m.php?f=78

http://www.poultrytalkontario.net/forum ... m.php?f=80

And yes, James, you fit right in! :chicken5:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm

poultry_admin wrote:QR_BBPOST The only reason why these don't drift off is because I lock them to prevent that from happening... roflmbo

http://www.poultrytalkontario.net/forum ... m.php?f=78

http://www.poultrytalkontario.net/forum ... m.php?f=80

And yes, James, you fit right in! :chicken5:

Ahh another Mark Zukerberg in the making haha , he said tongue in cheek Lolol
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Maximus

Dealing with stress

Post by Maximus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:02 pm

IMG_0145.JPG

Return to “Around the Waterer”