Dealing with stress

General discussion forum.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by Skinny rooster » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Ross you are priceless, I nearly wet myself laughing at the thought of you doing turkey calls in a Wal-Mart!

I used to think "why can't I be more like this person or that person" because they seemed to have it together, until you start to get older and suddenly you find out everyone has "stuff" then you don't feel so "out there".

Since you people promised not to judge, I will tell you a little secret and it's totally true, in August I had a really hard time with something and so to help me stay out of the grey clouds that were coming.... I listened to my parents ABBA collection going to and from work, hours and hours of happy sappy songs that made me sing along and laugh to, especially when some rapper dude pulled up at a red light, he got the"Super Trooper" treatment. There... laugh with me or at me what ever helps you.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:15 pm

I knew I'd matured when I realized that not everything that happens needs a reaction . Yu just gotta leave folks to do the same lame poop they always do .
Read this somewhere . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Dealing with stress

Post by WLLady » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Yep and learning and realizing that you dont have to be perfect all the time, and that you have no obligation to go saving people (grown adult people) that do stupid things and demand your help all the time....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:40 pm

ABBA. :dance: :coolguy:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Dealing with stress

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Besides 'issues', I'd wager we all have our guilty pleasures in music taste. I could listen to Wilf Carter yodel "I Miss my Swiss" or Bobby Vinton singing "Una Paloma Blanca" all day long.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:45 am

WLLady wrote:QR_BBPOST Yep and learning and realizing that you dont have to be perfect all the time, and that you have no obligation to go saving people (grown adult people) that do stupid things and demand your help all the time....
Right Kathy , at one time I thought I was a perfect A hole . I was wrong found out I had hemmoroids . Lol
Mornin all
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by TomK » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:58 am

I frickin' lloooovvvvveeeee ABBA... :running-chicken:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

pipes
Newly Hatched Chick

Dealing with stress

Post by pipes » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:07 am

Here's an off the wall solution that actually works for stress. Back when I worked for Culligan -spit- I had a friend who realized that I was actually suffering from depression due to working conditions. His solution, Yeah try this it makes things better...

Find a quiet place.
Give yourself a big hug.
and loudly go "WHEEEEEEEEEE"

Brings a smile to my face every time, and I feel stress just slide off like a slight chill.

Over the years, I've had recurring bouts of depression, and stress is only minutes away in my current dissolving marriage. BUT, I go to the garage do this, take a deep breath, and then I can continue with my day...

Hope this helps. It has been a blessing for me...
I'm not saying get rid of the stupid people, I'm saying do away with the warning labels and let the problem work its self out.

Maximus

Dealing with stress

Post by Maximus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:03 am

pipes wrote:[post]31425[/post :spamani: Back when I worked for Culligan -spit-
LOLOLOLOLOL

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by TomK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:44 am

I love Pipes' sideways reference to Corner Gas.... 'spit' indeed....lol... roflmbo ....... :running-chicken:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Return to “Around the Waterer”