Dealing with stress

General discussion forum.
windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Dealing with stress

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 pm

I think most of us here have addictive and/or OCD tendencies and judging anyone else here would be the pot calling the kettle black! But even if not, everybody has their own 'damage'. Plus, Fall is a time of introspection for me personally. I'm sure com January I'll go back to pointing and laughing. Gotta remember though that every time I point a finger at someone, there are three fingers on that hand pointing back at me ;)

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Dealing with stress

Post by Poultryprincess » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:08 am

baronrefrew ~ this simple question really has run deeper....after reading some of the replies,
I sat here for 20 minutes, bawling like a baby.
I thought about what I would share "if" I were to write a reply.
I tried to figure out why I would tell anyone, & if it would help me deal with things.
I decided to write the reply & decide Afterwards IF I have the balls to post it.

Well I have been typing for over an hour & still was not finished.
I get up for work in 5 hours & I do NOT have the balls to post it!

"BUT" it DID help me just typing it out & that's a good thing.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO to answer your question
"Chickens" relieve my stress,...& so does PTO... & Good friends.
THANXXXXX for the great question & the Therapy (*o*)
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Dealing with stress

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:43 am

Poultryprincess wrote:QR_BBPOST baronrefrew ~ this simple question really has run deeper....after reading some of the replies,
I sat here for 20 minutes, bawling like a baby.
I thought about what I would share "if" I were to write a reply.
I tried to figure out why I would tell anyone, & if it would help me deal with things.
I decided to write the reply & decide Afterwards IF I have the balls to post it.

Well I have been typing for over an hour & still was not finished.
I get up for work in 5 hours & I do NOT have the balls to post it!

"BUT" it DID help me just typing it out & that's a good thing.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO to answer your question
"Chickens" relieve my stress,...& so does PTO... & Good friends.
THANXXXXX for the great question & the Therapy (*o*)
Poultryprincess, :grouphug:
I call those "Invisiballs" :D Almost all women (and men) have invisiballs. No matter how broken you think you are, or how cowardly you may feel, one day when you really need them, BOOM. You're going to need a wheelbarrow for that set of big ol' balls, better start shopping now :hug:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by TomK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:55 am

I just got to reading this...i hardly ever log of this site so i looks like im always here but not true...lol...i fnd this thread interesting to read. We are all different it seems and to say we are damaged always makes me wonder. i like to think affected would be a better word but thats just sematics isn't it? Stress is necessary they tell us and I believe it. It protects us but ie can be overwhelming at times. It got me thinking, as to what causes me stress. Here, my biggest source of stress is the constant need for money and my ever declining ability to generate it at a suffient rate. When i built here the idea was to end up not having a mortgage but we did a few things not in the original plan and ended up with one which necessitates the need for regular employment. In my case it always finding customers. I like the work, always have, but its a grind and I'm not getting any younger and you can't just always jack up rates. So thats the biggie and its not going away untl I'm clear of the bank. The other one thing that is tougher is the need to do what KB said, and that is to delete toxic people from my life, be it 'friends' or family, the latter being more of a challenge. What to do about the stress caused?...i'm a guy, I compartmentalize. My worry at times is that someday, those doors blow open and I won't be able to deal. Hasn't happened yet, hope it never does. In the meantime, chicken TV is awesome but never enough of it. A walk down to the lake now is incredible...no one there..still as death with just a breeze off the water to make any noise at all. And deep in the woods its crazy beautiful. The stillness and majesty of those humungous old maples still makes me feel like tomorrow is another day, that nothing is quite as bad as it seems at the moment.
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:12 am

it seems I hit a similiar vein last year when I asked about "your bucket list".

poultryprincess: you have the balls to write "it" up and think it through and cope with it whatever "it" is. you don't have to post it. As a young man I would ask questions out of curiosity, then as I heard many people's stories, I found out that many people have an "it" they deal with. some folks have an odd behaviour of some sort and its a reaction or coping approach to their "it". i.e. my parents are "hoarders" and have great difficulty giving things away or worse throwing things out. its no doubt related to their childhood; bothing living through the war years (on different sides) and food shortages and lack of consumer goods. I have to "dispose" of things when they are not looking. those skis from 1962 will never be antiques to put on a wall or allowed on a ski hill (not that you'll ever use them)...I don't care if you paid "good money" for those. PTSD we now see in my dad.

WWW is right with me with OCD. my summer shed/barn work is waaay behind schedule and yet I bought quail without a good place for them.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Dealing with stress

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:18 am

What I do see is that our brains (and worse for younger folks) are dealing with constant distractions and we have an inability to focus and enjoy the moment or daydream. a new idea (old?) is to unplug completely (no emails, voicemails etc.) and many more productive people have only one or two access points instead of 7: phone, cell, 4 emails for work and personal, facebook, linkedin....
we multitask to the nth degree and a lot of things get done badly and this fries our neurons...d'oh...did my phone just buzz?
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Dealing with stress

Post by WLLady » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:QR_BBPOST
Poultryprincess, :grouphug:
I call those "Invisiballs" :D Almost all women (and men) have invisiballs. No matter how broken you think you are, or how cowardly you may feel, one day when you really need them, BOOM. You're going to need a wheelbarrow for that set of big ol' balls, better start shopping now :hug:
NOW i have a name for it!!!! thanks WWW. i was trying to figure out where that comes from....you know, when life just doesn't give up throwing crap and somehow you keep on plugging away....invisiballs.

oh, and if you see me playing the drums and singing at the top of my voice in my truck while driving....thats normal LOL. i forgot about that escape until you guys mentioned it. at least i make sure the windows are closed LOL
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:13 pm

I practice my turkey calls at the "Super " WalMArt . Luck
Attachments
image.png
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Dealing with stress

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Found it! Trying to think of which one it reminds me of. I'm always amused they even censor Nickelback! STephen Hawking just said he doubts if humankind will make it through another 1000 years.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Dealing with stress

Post by ross » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Think it's Einstien said , the Fourth World War will be fought with sticks & stones . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”