this is truly messed up

General discussion forum.
siberienz
Newly Hatched Chick

this is truly messed up

Post by siberienz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Mille Fleur Belgian d'Uccles, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Plymouth Rocks, Aylesbury Ducks, and various sexlinks

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

this is truly messed up

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:52 pm

WOW. That is effed up.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

this is truly messed up

Post by thegawd » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:07 pm

34 rare finches stolen in Hamilton... the person who stole them obviously knew they were there and was probably there once before to see or purchase some birds.

this should be a reminder to all of us, dont bring strangers to your home or coop... other than for biosecurity reasons there is the real threat of your security and theft... if you dont know the individual your selling birds to, meet at the closest Timmies.

and that is another great thing we have going on here on PTO, we get to meet each other before we actually meet in person.

stay safe all!

:iheartpto:
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Flat Rock Farm

this is truly messed up

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Saw this on CHCH Morning news the other day. What a shame, but agree with Al, was someone who knew were they kept that likely did it :sighke1:

muffin57
Chatty Hen

this is truly messed up

Post by muffin57 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:34 pm

I was wondering why someone would steal them and I think maybe they are probably planning to sell them. We have the gold finch here in the summer. They are beautiful and I love hearing them sing. They like my feeder. Here is a quote from the comment section of this article

"having that many birds in one house, is a clear violation of Hamilton's animal bylaws ... and should of been removed before anyone had a chance to steal them."

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

this is truly messed up

Post by ross » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Were they stolen from a house or a garage aviary? Title says shed . Content says home .
Doesn't really matter bout bylaw if so , theft is theft .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kortispoultry
On the Roost

this is truly messed up

Post by kortispoultry » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:00 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST 34 rare finches stolen in Hamilton... the person who stole them obviously knew they were there and was probably there once before to see or purchase some birds.

this should be a reminder to all of us, dont bring strangers to your home or coop... other than for biosecurity reasons there is the real threat of your security and theft... if you dont know the individual your selling birds to, meet at the closest Timmies.

and that is another great thing we have going on here on PTO, we get to meet each other before we actually meet in person.

stay safe all!

:iheartpto:
Holy smokes Al, I really enjoy people coming up to my place for a "visit" or whatever, but first, my three big dogs "greet" and then decide whether I should let them on my property or not. Also, very few ever get to the inside of my barn. Have a good one buddy. Pete.

Return to “Around the Waterer”