Brian! how's it going?

General discussion forum.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Brian! how's it going?

Post by baronrenfrew » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:08 am

gidday Brian! So how's your egg business and chickens?
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Brian
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Re: Brian! how's it going?

Post by Brian » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:01 am

Eggs are always going. Chickens produce 6 or 7 dozen a day and they are gone before 9 am. I could sell 50 or 60 dozen a day if I was allowed to have the chickens. I tell my wife that I could retire if I was allowed to have 500 laying chickens. Imagine that.

I have downsized my chickens. I have a flock of about 50 Buff Orpingtons and about 30 Delaware, few special Silkies and a Naked Neck Polish bantam hen. I am trying to do a bubble gum silkie and see if I can get it to breed true. I have 4 pink skinned ones already.

I only have a few geese, a couple of Muscovy and some pigeons. That's about it. To busy with other things to have much more.

How's life at your end of the province?

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:07 am

Not good this year. This year ; no raising chickens and planting a garden! Coccidiosis was a problem, all the young birds were free ranged but skinny and very slow to mature. No other signs of problems so I didn't notice until lots of time went by. i have to rethink my bird management to avoid this problem in the future.
i was gonna put on a Hawaiian shirt and my white beard and take a pic with a golf club yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. So here's another pic.
Last edited by baronrenfrew on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:10 am

Here's one with the boss.
Attachments
image.jpg

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:17 am

I had to fix the tractor. i started it up... Fuel tank shows empty? I just filled it! Give it a once over.. glass bowl under fuel filter blew, full tank gone. Glass bowl $25 and gotta bleed the lines.. oh yay!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:11 pm

And the best part; the replacement parts I got don't fit!

Return to “Around the Waterer”