Mice control

General discussion forum.
Epona
Starting to Crow

Re: Mice control

Post by Epona » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:08 pm

The video must have gotten taken down....

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 pm

I've heard that you can catch them with a five gallon pail that has the bottom covered with whole flax seed, and some kind of bait if you want. You set it near something that they can climb on to get in. Once they are in the pail they can't jump up to get out because the flax seed is too slippery. You still have to dispose of the mice somehow. I haven't tried this.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 am

i bought tin cat mouse traps, bait with chicken feed or sunflower seeds. to empty them just dump them in a bucket of water.....i'm down to about 3-4 per day now, but in the beginning was catching 10-20 a night. this year is bad for mice!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 am

I'm having success with the good old wooden traps. One of the mice had got into the wall between garage and lounge.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 am
I'm having success with the good old wooden traps. One of the mice had got into the wall between garage and lounge.
Yup, still the best, got another one on a bit of bread, didn't even have a chance to nibble an apple. :)

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:59 am

My sister told me I should maybe get a ball bearing mouse catcher, but I haven't been able to get any information on them. Anyone on here ever tried one? How well do they work? Required maintenance or upkeep?

I am sure someone here can tell me more about them. Thanks.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

soly10
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by soly10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:46 am

Hello,

If you want to get rid of mice, I am sharing a simple homemade formula to get rid of them. Mice aren't enormous fanatics of peppermint. Its new fragrance may smell extraordinary to you, yet it will send mice running for the slopes. Place a little peppermint oil on cotton balls and place them in portals, kitchen cupboards, and suspected passage focuses.

On the off chance that you need to go the additional mile, take a stab at planting mint along the outside of your home to discourage mice and ward off them from your home out and out.

On the off chance that you incline toward not to utilize oil, you can utilize mint leaves or mint toothpaste.

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:00 am

I'm 95% positive that the two sonic sound plug-ins (or whatever they are called) that I have in my kitchen are working, keeping the mice away. Haven't seen any evidence of mice.
I agree, a quick death is better.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm

I couldn't use those sonic things. I could hear them, they were awful! @soly10 I will try the peppermint oil, I have some to hand!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

carter12
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by carter12 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 am

Hello Guys,

House Mouse Facts

House mice are dark or darker rodents with generally expansive ears and little eyes. A grown-up weighs around 1/2 ounce and is around 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches in length, including the 3 to 4-inch tail.

In spite of the fact that house mice, as a rule, feed on oat grains, they will eat numerous sorts of nourishment. They eat regularly, snacking bits of sustenance all over. Mice have sharp faculties of taste, hearing, smell, and contact. They are magnificent climbers and can keep running up any harsh vertical surface. They will run on a level plane along wire links or ropes and can hop up 13 creeps from the floor onto a level surface. They can sneak past a break that a pencil will fit into (slightly bigger than 1/4 inch in distance across).

In a solitary year, a female may have five to 10 litters of normally five or six youthful each. Youthful is conceived 19 to 21 days in the wake of mating, and they are developed in six to 10 weeks. The life expectancy of a mouse is around nine to a year.

Return to “Around the Waterer”