Chatty Hen

So there. Eat MORE beef, lol.

Post by Bayvistafarm » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: So there. Eat MORE beef, lol.

Post by Robbie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:37 am

That's interesting. I tried being a vegetarian but I felt like absolute crap. Seriously that fake soy meat is disgusting and there's no way that can be healthy. But, I did it for the factory farm animal welfare issue, not for health. Then it got crazy with being a hypocritical vegetarian. I couldn't stick with it. Then I read some stuff by Temple Grandin on how it's more important to be an ethical meat eater than a vegetarian. So now I eat meat but I still feel guilty. :-/ I think that once I can bring myself to eat our own chickens it will all work out, then.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 am

I figure if God wanted us to not eat meat he wouldn't of made it taste so good :-)
You know PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:25 am

What do we want!?!
Animal rights!!!
When do we want it!?!
After the barbecue!!!

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 am

without reading the article I was going to say that if we didnt figure out how to kill and cook meat properly we would never have evolved past primates... but I read the article and it says that. and if we were still monkeys I wonder who would have took our place? probably Neanderthals as the evidence shows we killed them off. but of course all of this is only true if the current evolutionary beliefs are actually true. human not primate remains have been found and dated at a million years old, forbidding archeology sure is an interesting area of study.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:41 am

How bout Bigfoot is he us or primate ?

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:08 am

There is some evidence that bigfoot is actually an alien? never a body found but a crap tonne of evidence they exist. i mean they test hairs that show up as unknown primate, but how the heck have we not shot one and why havent we found a body? weird huh?
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Robbie
Head Chicken

Post by Robbie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:22 am

ross wrote:I figure if God wanted us to not eat meat he wouldn't of made it taste so good :-)
You know PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals . Luck

There is absolutely no reason that eating meat AND treating animals humanely, with respect, cannot coexist.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Agree Robbie but trying to determine what is humane & dtermined by who is the problem . Then can you afford the price . It sure is a can a worms cause commen sense & heart never agree . That's what I like about this great country of ours we can still freely choose what we believe & do .

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Are you talking about the price of beef Ross? I know I sure am glad that I am not buying beef... but I am REAL glad, that finally we are enjoying a decent price for our product. Back when 'mad cow' knocked the price WAY down... we were only getting about .20 for cull cows. Today, we just got a return for a cow, she brought .89 cents. Finished beef wasn't much better. A 1300 pound finished animal brought about $700. Today, an animal that weight would bring $2000. The price from 2004 to just 3 years ago, creeped up to finally getting about $1100 per animal. Course, the heavier the beast, the more money... if they weren't too fat.

It just takes so darn long to produce an animal from birth to money in the bank. 1.3 to 1.5 years of age. If you retain a heifer to breed, its breeding her at 15 months.. to calve at 2 years of age... and then another 1.5 years to realize any money from that girl.

Beef prices have dropped ALOT!! 6 weeks ago, we were getting $3.36 a pound on the rail. Rail price real recently is $2.50

But you won't see prices drop in the stores alot. Someone is being greedy. Corporate greed.

But you probably know all about raising cattle... having been in the business (I think you said...at one time).

Return to “Around the Waterer”