Good Morning! <=2017

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Good Morning!

Post by WLLady » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:08 pm

I hatched i dont know how many for bvf and she let me keep 5 for hatching fee. Lol. I think i have 3 girls and 2 boys....they will be "wayyyyy over there" in the garden and beyond...and if thry get too noisy i have a shotgun that my hubby is not afraid to use.
They do taste like pheasant.
The last few days in the trailer coop they havent said a peep....just watching from the roost-theyre still small and they are on the roost 3 feet in the air already!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:35 am

A 28 gauge works well, good pattern and no kick.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 am

roflmbo :farmer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:58 am

Hey you guys... be NICE to my babies!!!!!!!!! lol.

I REALLY REALLY believe that 2 people that answered my Kijiji ad are coming today to get guinea's!! One lady wants 10. Shes coming from St. Catharines and coming to Millgrove after church to celebrate Fathers day.

The other lady LIVES in Millgrove. She wants 2. What are the odds that both people will end up being in Millgrove today at the same time..... and getting guinea fowl from me????????????????

They are just two weeks old this weekend. I will have 4 left out of that batch I hatched here. Still have all the ones WLLady hatched for me. I will keep those for my future replacements. I STILL haven't let them out yet.... I want to keep the coral blues and Dundottes inside for another year.... still hoping to get some more Corals......

Been inside most of the morning. Cleaning this house for fathers day... going to be in the shed incase of torrential storms/rain.... only seen one little 5 minute stint.. never hardly wet the ground.

I STILL haven't gotten all my garden in.... and the cucumber seed I planted has been eaten. The seed is there.... the germ is not. WTF?

I am ALL for treated seed by GAWD. ALL my string beans planted from VESEY's are up and look great. The others with NO treatment? Very sporadic

I hate bugs. Hate hate hate. I haven't even gotten to my apple trees. They look like hell.

I also haven't planted all the flower beds... planters. Too hot to move dirt with a shovel. I did however, get dirt to the end of the laneway. Wanted it to rain and settle.....

Theres just too much to do. Cut grass all day long yesterday. Still didn't get to a few spots I do. I did get the newly planted bare root trees watered again. We do need rain. However screwed up that statement is.

There is a 2 day old calf out there.. not tagged... no vaccine.... blah blah blah. That little poop will be hard to catch now. Great. I went to a buck and doe last night.... and didn't get home and in bed until 1:30am. Then 3:30 heard the cows bawling... and coyotes yodelling.... and so went outside to see wtf. Course, all wound up by then..... and read a book for an hour. TOLD Gary to leave me be IF I happened to sleep in... which I didn't but was laying in bed contemplating getting up at 6:30am... when he creeps up the stairs with a coffee. Sigh.

I'm going to start taping notes to my doors/windows/cupboards with my messages. They don't sink in anymore.

Ya ya, I'm lucky I get coffee delivered in bed. I don't appreciate it. Never will. Bitchy. Yes, thats me.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Lol @Bayvistafarm I think you should write a book. I'd buy it.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Yeah unfortunately this time of year tons to do with too little time to do it.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am

Good morning,
Hot hot yesterday, tropical downpour at noon, tornado watch, doesn't happen that often here, 27C in the house, we have passive air conditioning (meaning blinds on windows and trees in the strategic locations) and at this point getting a bit tired of opening windows, closing windows drawing blinds down, rolling blinds up, uneven doesn't begin to describe it.
On the upside everything is blooming like crazy including some things I haven't seen blooming in years.
some Blue flag irises have spread further down the creek, pretty spectacular looking and the Yellow flag are good 3' tall.
Have a good one!

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:39 pm

We need some pictures of the iris, they are always beautiful!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 am

SO the final tally for my first time broody is - she hatched 9/9 but one was shrinkwrapped and died, 2 more (last to hatch), died overnight. The rest look bouncy and active. 2 of the dead ones looked like the yolk hadn't totally absorbed and one may have just been small and got stepped on. With the hot weather she was very fidgety the last few days. Anyway, very pleased she did so well she has either 5 or 6.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:04 am

Congrats @Killerbunny
And I just learned something. I thought problems like yolk absorption and shrink wrapping were really just issues in artificial incubation. Didn't really realize it could go so wrong under a broody. My first timer Cochin girl's hatch is due this weekend. I think she only has 3 developing eggs (and 3 unfertilized that I left and will discard when I check again). I will be a pacing nervous wreck lol. How many times do you have to do this before it just becomes any other day and nothing special?

Return to “Around the Waterer”