Premier 1 Supplies Order

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Premier 1 Supplies Order

Post by WLLady » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:27 am

i saw that....and it got me thinking LOL. but i moved my little munchkins into a bigger pen from the brooder yesterday and they seem totally happy and occupied with shavings and have apparently forgotten about sitting on top of anything :) tonight a short roost goes in, and maybe they'll forget about the panels altogether!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

thejonesboy
Turkey Wrangler

Post by thejonesboy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:58 pm

thegawd wrote:sorry nothing to add about buying....

but Jim im very curious how these things are built. what do they run off of? anything like heat tape? I still have about 12' of the 12" wide heat tape kicking around screaming.... TURN ME INTO SOMETHING! LOL
I've got 8 feet of it......... now you've got me thinking :D
Andy :egg:

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:17 pm

thejonesboy wrote:
thegawd wrote:sorry nothing to add about buying....

but Jim im very curious how these things are built. what do they run off of? anything like heat tape? I still have about 12' of the 12" wide heat tape kicking around screaming.... TURN ME INTO SOMETHING! LOL
I've got 8 feet of it......... now you've got me thinking :D
Yes I have a bunch of 12" heat tape as well. The only thing I can tell from my limited use of the IR heat panels compared to using heat tape is that the panels seem to radiate heat out better than the heat tape.

My wife told me to buy myself something for Christmas.... so I think I am going to order one 22 watt panel and one 66 watt panel as my Christmas gift to myself. (The pair of Blue Scale Quail and trio of light Brahmas I am picking up next week, don't count as my Christmas gift any more. lol).
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

scottishpet
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by scottishpet » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

JimW did you ever order from Premier 1? I see their info pointed to a lot, (mostly Americans who indicate they are the go to company for fencing and poultry supplies).

Where do most folks buy fencing and supplies? TSC? The brands I see there are often not really spoken of, so I don't know if it is a good product or good value for money. :question:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm

So, I order from them all the time. I have electric fence with a Energizer, as well as their Saturn feeder. They have a great chick waterer that sits on top a a plate heater or a holder. I can't say enough good things about them and their products. I also use something called a thermo-cube they charge about15.00 for it and it's worth every penny. It will turn on power at 32 degrees and turn it off at 42. I often order and drive down to NY to pick up.

I have well over 300 feet of their electric fence, my family has ordered well over the same amount. It's great fencing easy to move.
I have a heat lamp and lots of chick waterers etc. So, have I said enough yet :)

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:04 pm

I did not end up doing a Premier 1 order I mainly wanted their heat plates and found another brand Titan Incubator Brpody Hen I ordered off Amazon.com.

I now buy most of my supplies online they Amazon.com or eBay and have them delivered to my US address in Ogdensburg Ny
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm

I originally wanted the premier1 model last spring but the exchange +delivery +border expenses meant I could get the brinsea one for about the same price so I went for it. I love the heat plate. Chicks feather faster...no pasty...no panic attacks the first night they don't have a light on and it gets dark... I had chicks in the coop in April with just the heat plate and they did well.
@JimW check out premiers chick waters (nipple waterer) that sits on top of heat plate. I thought they looked great!
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... VpP9NsVb7W

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 pm

@Happy

I saw that waterer before it is on my wish list for this spring
Black & Blue Poultry

scottishpet
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by scottishpet » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Kbr42 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm
I often order and drive down to NY to pick up.
So do you have a private drop box there or is there a landing point you can have stuff sent to? For us Watertown NY is is not too far away, so if I can get it sent there that might work.

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 pm

scottishpet wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 pm
Kbr42 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm
I often order and drive down to NY to pick up.
So do you have a private drop box there or is there a landing point you can have stuff sent to? For us Watertown NY is is not too far away, so if I can get it sent there that might work.
I have a mailing address at MyUSAdress in Ogdensburg, NY (www.myusaddress.ca) you sign up for free and they give you a unit number and then have my shipments sent there and then drive over and pick up. The pick up charge is $5US for each order, but I fill up with cheap US gas and they give you a bridge pass so all is good. Plus the is a US Tractor Supply Store less than 5 minutes away, so I get some supplies there when I am over, mainly meds I can't get in Canada and I use the black rubber feed/water pans cost over $20 CAD but only $7 USD.

Watertown might have a similar mailbox type place.

JimW
Black & Blue Poultry

Return to “Around the Waterer”