It's SO Warm that......

General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: It's SO Warm that......

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Your garlic will be fine even if it sprouts now, not sure about the rest of the stuff.
I know trees are able to flush out twice in a season and be OK, but the shrubs not sure about.
The squirrels are getting obscenely fat, have stopped putting bird seed out, no birds around anyway, I guess enough food out there for them.
Grass is actually still growing and like Kathy I have some dandelions coming up.
Also our bachelor Beaver is still gathering poplars for his winter supplies, I suspect he would have never made it, if the freeze up happened in November, one winner in this El Nino year.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:13 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:... and my old turkey girl, Lacy, is yelping for a tom, and her favourite tom is in the next pen over, displaying for all he's worth.
SO that's what the strange noises from some of the girl turkeys are! I was wondering.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:46 am

OC...i haven't had a chance to chk on the beavers ...good point...the water levels are really high down in the swamp and beaver pond here and they wander quite a way to get at the saplings...the bas***ds even have taken down some large healthy ash over a foot in diameter...lol..oh well, free firewood...
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm still plowing through mud and the dogs keep hauling it into the house. Let it snow, already !

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Only thing growing here is weeds along the house. Always around zero, even if we reach a high of 8 or 9 it only lasts for a couple of hours. So no big change here. Really nice that I don't have to deal with frozen water. Small flock of geese passed by yesterday, that is very unusual for around here.

Return to “Around the Waterer”