Merry Christmas to all...

General discussion forum.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Merry Christmas to all...

Post by WLLady » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:46 am

Nope, that is EXACTLY 1 dozen. not an egg more! Turners only count as 1....1 dozen. period. even if all the slots are full and there are cartons on the table or other turners. it's still just 1 LOL. ....i have a mom with a chick running around in the barn, somehow evading the barn cats and managing quite well. And alas, my ducks have started laying. it's not even january yet. I really really want to have a stern talk with them. We scooped 4 in the last few days and i decided to make some bread and use them up and YES, they're fertilized. The buggers.

I remember when sally was like baxter hahahaha she's 3 and we're STILL training. it's all good. Neighbours texted yesterday afternoon for a play date-so DH took sally over, she went yellow and came back brown. Ended up figuring out that showers are actually quite nice LOL. she's yellow again, but my hallway is now speckled brown.....hm. oh well. it can wait. it won't be the last time she shakes in the hallway this year!

boxing day-time to go and work off christmas - have a tree to clean up. skipping breakfast too. and maybe lunch. :-)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:18 am

No skipping meals it's bad for you @WLLady
@Kbr42 you clearly can't count. A full turner is a dozen. ALlowance must be made for non-fertile/viable eggs and any mishaps. Have you learnt NOTHING!!!!!
I think I will start a hatching and plans thread and maybe move some posts if I can figure it out.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:14 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :iheartpto:
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-25 at 10.51.24 AM.jpeg
Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree https://youtu.be/tvwybofO7UY We cut the worst looking tree out back. We used to cut the best tree but this year I thought...We should be cutting the worst and thinning out the forest... Otis is trained until he sees a rabbit, chipmunk, dog, etc. The stuffed turkey breast was put in our oven for 4 hours as per box instructions and it was VERY dry. We needed equal portions of cranberry sauce. :lol:
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:22 pm

https://youtu.be/OLHxxBTl71I Christmas song, Joni Mitchell - River
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:11 pm

Well I'm not too, too late to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
May everyone be blessed with healthy hens, good layers, and protective roosters.

Giffen Farms
Starting to Crow

Post by Giffen Farms » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:57 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 pm
Wow @Farrier1987 Thanks for the contribution ,,, very nice, and a quick shout out to all the people we haven't herd from in a while..... @AutumnPGW @Blizblaz @Blue Heron Farm @BobG @CSF Farm @Duckychickenlady @Epona @Giffen Farms @GJHCornish @goodfellow @HennyPenny ...etc....
sorry only made it to H.. ;)
Hey 👋 I'm still here checking in from time to time,
Hopefully Santa (almost typed Satan ☺ ) and the new year celebrations were good to you and everyone else.
I'm going to be stepping back from raising poultry for this year even though they're a lot like getting a vaccine- one you get it you got it for life! Lol, the warden thinks miniature Julianna pigs is the way to go so they'll be taking over the coop for the next little bit, I hope she's right, we're on the lookout for a couple girls for our bachelor pad if anyone can point us in the right direction I don't mind traveling 🤫😉 (during lock down)
I won't pack away the incubator, hatcher and brooder just yet incase anyone needs my assistance this year.
Cheers,
What day is it, Christopher Robin? Its today Pooh, my favorite day!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:03 am

SOmeone I know has Kune Kune pigs and they are lovely!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:50 am

Nice to hear from you @Giffen Farms amazing what trouble people can get in to once they get the animal bug...
we may need some piggy pictures to cheer us all up, in case the "satan" didn't bring anything ;)

Return to “Around the Waterer”