General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning - 2023

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:42 am

WLLady wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:15 am
so this happened yesterday out of the blue. meet for me and dh and he remembered us! they were floored because i guess the first family meet did not go well at all. they invited us to bring sally in next week so i jumped at the chance and we took sally back in the early afternoon to meet. after a discussion of "there will be a waiting period" and figuring maybe next weekend.....so back and the two were playing like theyd known each other for years. sally remembered him too. and...well...a two page very different adoption contract with zero strings attached (shockingly refreshing! the one i was forwarded asked for police checks and home visits etc etc this one didnt!) we were told waiting period waved he could go today or tomorrow. we loaded him in the car and he has joined the family. faith in humane society restored a little-the changes happening there seem to be good ones....and its like he just belongs here! training is already going great. sit. on your bed. no nipping-that happened just once. we are working on keeping 4 on the floor in the house (no rough housing inside) and ducks are okay to look and sniff but dont play with the ducks. he couldnt care less about cats and we will need to watch counter surfing haha. hes super tall-probably 5 inches taller and still growing and a bit underweight still. so a few more groceries and he should fill in nicely. hes already being super. a little ocd and food oriented but even that is getting better! i included one old pic (top one) from when we found him...big difference, same dog. starting to think lab x great dane...hes got the dane nose and eyes.....but definitely some yellow lab in there!
How absolutely brilliant, I did wonder if he would remember you.
Made my day :hi5:

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:01 am

What a wonderful reunion for you all. He’s a very handsome fellow!
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:51 am

20230930_150751.jpg
who says you cant walk a dog by their super long tail?
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:53 pm

He's LOVELY. Fantastic that they remembered each other. Sounds like it was MEANT to be :) Congratulations!

Linda

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:37 pm

What a luxky, lucky boy!!!! COngratulations!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:53 pm

Aww he's adorable 🥰
Congrats

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:10 am

So I'm talking to a friend and she says I'm a psychopath. She said you feel emotions but you have no empathy. So I went it Google and found this. They are typical things a psychopath would say. Then I thought of PTO so here you go fellow psychopaths. Sound like something you would say? LOL.

@WLLady congrats on the dog... Beautiful!

I have to catch up on my messages. HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL!

Been busy at work and getting really close to moving into our new house 😊

Also I decided I'm done with cats, chickens, just have Otis our Lab now. He's enough work. LOL.

“I’m blunt!”
“I don’t beat around the bush.”
“That’s your problem if you can’t handle the truth.”
“Stop being so sensitive.”
“I’m not going to coddle you!”
“I can say what I want! Don’t like it, too bad!”
“Can’t you take a joke!”
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:16 am

Not sure if I'm a psychopath but I really don't like people. I can fake it for a while but not long.
No disprespect intended in the following. A friend went to a funeral of a distant relative by marriage. Conversation he says went as follows.
Organiser/funeral director "I'm so sorry for your loss" Him "Why, you didn't know them or me" startled look. As he said these folks were all committed Christians (him not). He can't understand why they were all so sad when she was 1. now out of pain from a nasty illness 2. Had a good long productive life and 3. she should now be in "Heaven". He said he really couldn't feel any sadness for her at all.

I am a lot the same but get more upset over losing my birds than - gasp - when my Mother died. We didn't get along well but when I got the call I really could feel nothing (except guilt about feeling nothing)
Psychoanalyse me folks!!!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am

I have long been somewhat suspicious about belonging to that "select" group of people.
On the News yesterday report of a couple killed by a grizzly bear... no reaction
next time listened to the whole story which also mentioned that their dog got killed too, my reaction OH No, the dog got killed too ???
That made me walk back to my original reaction, I suspect it's because people put themselves in dangerous situations while taking selfies, and you know, whatever...and they drag innocent animals in there with them.
OK I will stop now, :castaway:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am

Toby is a nut. LOL. he's feeling right at home now. And fits in beautifully. A bit of work to do with being terrified (like TERRIFIED) of the ceiling fan (?). I'm waiting for the weekend to do a proper introduction with the horse, and we do need a bit of work with the black cat...and just the black cat....she tends to run full speed so.....well, he's just doing what puppies do. and we have to close the blinds at night or he barks at the evil dangerous going to attack dog "in the window" (his reflection) which then gets sally going, and then we have 2 dogs barking and worked up when they don't even know what they're worked up over!

I'm not going to say anything about the psychopath thing....because i may totally incriminate myself-just will say "I resembled those remarks". LOL. All those silly memes with a photo of a run down shack in the middle of nowhere, could you live here for 30 days by yourself....SIGN ME UP (I'd take my hubby and dogs and cats...wait....i already live in the middle of nowhere, never mind)! The more I'm around town here where i work, the more i'm losing faith in mankind and i find myself wondering what it would be like to watch the asteroid come in-grab a beer and watch, because the level of stupidity i witness every day is incredible.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”