Good Morning

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:24 am

Good morning - job done and racoon "relocated".
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 am

Well done.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:43 am

So I have arthritis and I have to see an osteopath... Well I didn't know what an osteopath was so I Googled and found this:

Osteopathy is a type of alternative medicine [IS THIS LIKE ALT FACTS? :lol: ] that emphasizes physical manipulation of the body's muscle tissue and bones.[SOUNDS LIKE PHYSICAL TORTURE :shock: ]
Osteopathy_Complete_(1898)_(14756710206).jpg
OMT technique for the treatment of impotence in the 1898 Osteopathy Complete manual

:shock: :-? :lol:

She also said, buy a stationary bicycle [I'm shopping already, some have built in TV's ;) ] and lose weight [I've resigned myself to never being my pre pregnancy weight, this is probably never happening, but if there is a tv in front of my bicycle and I binge watch eg. Stranger Things on Netflix, I could easily lose a few pounds, :lol: ]. FYI I ate OKA cheese, pate de campagne, toast, cafe au lait and cookies for breakfast. Extra fat and sugar in my diet. Hee hee.

Also my knee is getting better. It's only slightly swollen. 🥳🥳🥳
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:50 am

And having disposed of the racoon a young fox ran in yesterday am and snagged a dear little Wellie pullet. Everyone back in lockdown now. One of our neighbours, thankfully not to close, thinks the foxes are "so cute". Thought at first a hawk so feew eathers but no, got it on video.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:36 am

Darn, must be baby foxes season, the coyotes here sound very puppy squeaky, glad I don't have to protect anybody accept Addy from baby porcupines :)

Sooo, Happy Canada Day, Maybe ?
Was running about a bit yesterday, and it wasn't until I got home that I realized I didn't see any flags in front of houses...it was niggling at me a bit, so drove around the block and yes indeed no flags out to celebrate ....
accept one place, but not sure if they are celebrating or protesting, hard to tell which side they are on ;)

Wondering if it's just Ottawa laying low, waiting to see which way things go, or just a general malaise gripping the population ?

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:51 am

Where we are it is a difficult decision and very sad. We decided not to put a flag up because it can be seen as support for a certain group. I totally object to the appropriation of the Canadian Flag in this way. When we got our Citizenship we were very proud and happy. More recently we have been feeling less and less "Canadian" especially with the anti-immigrant feeling here which includes us due to the accent.
Mutt chickens for eggs

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pm

We put our flag out, as did most of the people on our road.
I went into town for lunch out with a friend. It's a touristy area, and everyone was walking around, wearing red and carrying (or wearing) flags. Kinda nice.

Linda

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:32 pm

@Killerbunny I couldn't agree more about the appropriation of the flag.
I'm sickened when I see it being flown off the back of a pick-up truck now. What a sad reaction.

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:18 am

When I see the flag now, it reminds me of he F Trudeau Flag (side note, my dad would probably squish me like a fly if I said the F word as a child) and the Canadian Flag flying at the back of a pickup which I still see in Caledon. Thankfully rarer than during the Ottawa occupation. Now it reminds me of the protestors and I'm expecting some angry person to scream at me. I was in Orangeville today to go to the Farmers' Market and I realized it was Friday and not Saturday when the market was missing :lol: I saw many Rainbow Flags and a Rainbow crosswalk but no Canadian flags. I noticed they had a purple and yellow theme at Caledon Town Hall and no Canadian Flags. It was the Seniors ride for Velocity. I think a flag should be treated with respect. On a pole, on a casket, etc. Only the Prime Minister is supposed to fly the flag from a car. Hopefully, things will go back to normal in the future. My friend and her hubby are in quarantine because her dad got Covid. Will a fox kill all your chickens at once (I heard this from a local farmer)? Hope you all had a wonderful Canada Day!
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:39 am

@lolotsung it depends on the circumstance. If the fox/racoon/mink etc. isn't disturbed it likely will. This isn't due to inate viciousness but a need to survive and, with mink, cache food for the winter. A Hwk is more of a drive-by. I got some useful tip from a trapper to help me. Let's hope they work.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Return to “Around the Waterer”