Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by kenya » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Ha! Ha! Silly birds an ugly way to get in the house.
2nd shot was fine, was sick to my stomach about half hour after the shot, someone else said that they were told it's a common response to the shot and that if you get something to eat it goes away. So I got something to eat and have been fine since.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Hey @Killerbunny , here's another article worth mentioning.

"University of Winnipeg associate Prof. Nora Casson explained these cold-weather temperature thresholds are important for forests, because it helps keep pests in check.

“For instance, at -17 C, it’s cold enough to kill about half of southern pine beetles, and if temperatures drop to -22, very few can survive,” Casson said. “If you lose really cold days, there’s a bigger risk of invasive forest pests that are bad for forest ecosystems.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... -toll.html
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:20 pm

And @Killerbunny , if you think I am a PITA (pain in the ass) then I plead guilty. My nerdy impulses takeover sometimes. :farmer:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 am

Good morning,
So winter came after all :)
could get really annoyed it it wasn't so pretty!
Winter wonderland Feb 25, 21.jpg
My new buddy, sits at the end of the driveway possibly dreaming of the chicken feasts of the past ;)
OWL.jpg

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:21 am

Lovely!
We finally have cardinals here.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:42 pm

Beautiful

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi Guys! WAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZ UPPPPP? it's been a while, again.

Farm is in full swing.... got trees tapped. We have a functioning bunny colony, Flemish giants, babies everywhere. they run with our chickens, the bucks are caged. we still have about dozen RLS's AND 5 cream Legbar hens and a Cock. We havent plugged in an incubator in over 3 years! We're guna fire one up here soon though. the Cream Legbars are an auto sexing breed the cockerals have a spot on there head the second they hatch. PERFECT! It all started because we needed a Cock. About a year ago we found one free Rooster and bought 5, week old pullets. they are pretty much the perfect bird, tough as hell, hardy, not too bad for frostbite. girls have mohawks and the eggs are blue! I'm pretty sure they are a dual purpose bird, they look like it anyways. The Cock does his job well, all of our eggs are fertile and he does a great job alerting to danger. He's great with people and has not attacked anyone although when I "removed" an egg eater he sized me up but turned around once I "puffed" my chest. Again I'm not in charge of any of this.... Lizzie n the kids are doing it all, I'm muscle and sometimes brains (but not very often LMAO).

We're doing absolutely great. no problems here. some frustrating times and our camp was closed after like 80 years of being a camp. it sold for the first time since 1959 and we were relentlessly kicked out. with an official 20 day notice to remove our property or they will consider it abandoned. nothing legal but they were putting up a gate and at that point we would be considered trespassing. it was a tough thing to do being there for 38 years. anyways screw that BS!

I don't know if I ever told you all but we built a BADASS green house! ITS AWESOME. we had an epic garden last year and this year is guna be the best ever!

I hope you are all doing well!

taker easy guys!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Welcome back Al & family . Thought we’d lost you guys . Sounds like movin along . The only thing constant is change . Luck on all happenings , you still at farm we came to see you at ? Take care man
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Thanks Ross, yes we are still here. We love it here.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Flemish Giants, how big do yours get? Nice to see you back. Too bad about your camp site especially after all those years.

Return to “Around the Waterer”