Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:36 am

The thing is it isn't really as black and white as @ross says it's not just deaths. We just don't know enough about this thing, I saw a short piece on CBS about longhaulers. I have actually changed my mind on the severity of it as more information comes to light. Some of the inflammatory neural reactions it can cause within the body when the immune system attacks it are really uncharted territory.
On a selfish note because we don't know enough I don't want to be someone that ends up with a "rare effect". In protecting myself I am also protecting others.
I do take issue with the way it's being handled though.
SIdenote - can we take up a collection to get Tam a new dress or something?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Sure isn't right when treatments and surgeries get cancelled. Seems pretty shortsighted to me, I think if they take precautions they should be done!

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

So we got vaccines. Yahoo. And I don't mean to downplay it. That's a good thing.

But consider the numbers. This will not get us ready for a normal Christmas this year, or in my opinion in the next few years.

In our country, say we could get ramped up to vaccinate 100 000 people a day. That's a lot but lets just say we do.

35 million Canadians.
100 000 vaccines a day.
350 days to get everyone vaccinated.

So that's pretty much a year at what is probably a pretty optimistic number per day. No Christmas next year.

So bottom line looks like we have a pretty good chance at an effective vaccine, but we aint out of the woods yet. Keep isolated as much as possible. Wear your mask. Don't lick doorknobs. Some of us (but not all) will make it through this.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:39 pm

And strange stuff happens. My niece Karen in Alberta. 18 yr old son's girlfriend tested positive. Karen, her husband and son went and got tested. Karen and her husband had had a mild cough for a few days. They have covid. The son tested negative lives in the same house and it was assumed he was the vector via the girlfriend. Did they get it from the girlfriend? Did the girlfriend get it from them? Why doesnt Tyler have it? Did each one get it somewhere else? Isnt it nice they havent visited face to face with my 91 ye old mother in the last ten days, so she is not on the contact list.

I guess my point is be as safe as you can, but its out there in the wild and some of us will get it and some wont no matter what we do.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

35 million Canadians.
100 000 vaccines a day.
350 days to get everyone vaccinated.

So that's pretty much a year at what is probably a pretty optimistic number per day.
That is assuming everybody will wish to get vaccinated.....

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 pm

No way, Jose!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:07 pm

TomK wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 pm
There's lies, damn lies and then there's statistics...I got asked a question the other day in conversation that I didnt have an answer for...If you test positive for the corona virus Covid19 and get sent home to isolate in quarantine for 14 days, what happens to the virus in your body?...I mean outside the body the virus is doomed in a relatively short time but won't it just do it's thing IN your body? Even if you don't get sick yourself isn't the virus still within you?
I think the author of that quote about stats is Mark Twain, if I'm not mistaken. I've been wrong once before! ;-)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 pm

If I can be normal again in my life I will take it . Not sure how I’ll know that tho
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:20 am

Ontario Chick wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 pm
That is assuming everybody will wish to get vaccinated.....
[/quote]

Oh of course. There will be a certain segment of the population that requires special attention for their own good. They will be rounded up, hog tied and held down while Hulk Hogan's cousin jabs them. They will get it in the end. For a more resistant strain of people, an elite strike force SWAT team will be armed with tranquilizer guns loaded with vaccine. Its the democratic way and just reasonable.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 am

How bout these guys . Take um off border patrol or add more .
Attachments
26877A77-8460-4AD5-82DE-05C62FA87B31.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”