Good Morning! 2019

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:41 am

BTW has anyone heard from @SusanH lately? Wondered how she was doing. PMd her but haven't heard back.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am

I may have solved the mystery of the hen dead with the broken neck. This morning the little local tabby came sneaking around. Normally the birds ignore her but she decided to go into a coop, wonder if she looks for broken eggs? Anyway a couple of seconds later she streaks out with a very POd Wyandotte on her heels. Cat shot out of the gate, hen missed and crashed head first into the fence! She is happily OK but it makes me wonder.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am

Good morning,
First day raining here, but not complaining, flowers are starting to bloom.
Met with a slightly annoyed crow walking the dog, she was obviously deciding on a choice piece of building material, when a 100Lb Lab got too close for her liking, she took a "stay out of my way" stance and the Lab happily oblige by making a really large detour, I followed him because frankly I don't wan to annoy a crow either :)
Some flowers for you...
not sure what the last one is, but it's fragrant and had loads of bumble bees on it.
Forsythia.jpg
Crocuses.jpg
Bumblebee shrub (1).jpg

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am

Nice , gonna be a visual shock when you go home OC
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm

So nice, I can almost smell them.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:51 pm

ross wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am
Nice , gonna be a visual shock when you go home OC
I admit I am a bit worried about that

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:14 pm

@Ontario Chick , you are so lucky! Definitely no flowers here yet. -10 here last night. At least we're getting some sun now during the day! The main coop man door is frozen open (my fault) and the girls are out during the day. I don't know what they're finding to eat (snow fleas, maybe? LOL) but it must be something, because they've cut their feed in half. Maybe they're stripping new grass tips in the bare patches? Goodness knows we've seen nothing green yet. The maple sap is running though, :stars:
Twice now, I've had a hen sneak into my porch through the cat flap, get up on the freezer, into an open bag of shavings, and deposit an egg. She's very loud about it too. I figure a few more days of sun, and the coop door will be free. I haven't bothered chipping it out, because Pennydog does such a good job with predator control that I don't worry (much) about something getting in there.
The goslings have been moved out of the house :stars: they've been out in their little coop for a week now, and doing great. The greasy dust from them was unbearable and I was worried they wouldn't be out until May :shock:
I have severe cabin fever. I'm cooped up with a man that thinks it's a medical emergency every time he gets a gas pain, or a headache, or a paper cut, and I REALLY want to be out in the garden rather than attempting to be polite while he's talking about the size, colour and consistency of his latest bowel movement. I heard once that you could judge a persons' intelligence by how long they stared at their snot after they blow their nose (or hork on the floor)...and it's :sSig_censored: true. :help:
I'm not really all that interested in moving to South America to get away from the cold, no matter how often I say it, but I'm starting to believe that drop-kicking useless lazy idiots off a cliff should be an option. I'm considering starting a petition.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:06 pm

:))
and thus, if I can at all pull it off, I leave home in March.......;)

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 am

Aye - its a very magical time here on the farm - what was three feet or so of snow is now a foot of white crumbly concrete - I can drive the snowmobile or 4 wheeler or walk to and from places that I can never go to otherwise - so I've been cutting dead trees for firewood like a man possessed - I have next winter's wood pile growing fast.

the worst part is I have a mountain of paperwork to get to and all I want to do is "play" outside :(
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:25 am

Hey WWW I thought he was moving out? I guess the goslings didn't get rid of him?
Mutt chickens for eggs

Return to “Around the Waterer”