Mice control

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Mice control

Post by ross » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Did you know KB that with the old style conventional snap trap that the 2nd mouse gets the cheese . Hmm go figure heh ? 🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:52 am

Shnookie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 pm
I've heard that you can catch them with a five gallon pail that has the bottom covered with whole flax seed, and some kind of bait if you want. You set it near something that they can climb on to get in. Once they are in the pail they can't jump up to get out because the flax seed is too slippery.
There are a lot of mice here this winter. I tried this pail set up with the flax and have caught 4 mice so far. The neighbors swear by another type of pail mouse trap.

You need a small plastic pop bottle, a 5 gallon pail, a dowel that will fit through the top of the pop bottle, and is longer than the width of the pail, a small board for a ramp, and peanut butter.
You make a hole in the bottom of the pop bottle that will allow the dowel to go through. The hole must be in the center so the pop bottle will turn on the dowel and not stay in one place.
You make one hole in each side of the pail, near the top, big enough for the dowel to go through. Put the dowel through one hole in the pail, then through the pop bottle, and then through the other side of the pail. The pop bottle will be suspended in the center of the pail. Put some peanut butter on the pop bottle, and set the ramp so it goes from the floor to the edge of the pail. You may need to set something at the bottom of the ramp so it doesn't fall down. The mice go up the ramp and jump onto the pop bottle to get the peanut butter. They either slide off into the pail, or the pop bottle turns and they fall in. If the mice jump up to the pop bottle to try to get out, they can't because it is slippery and it moves. I don't have a picture. There might be one on the internet somewhere.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 pm

How’s this for home grown. Peanut butter on the bottle half full of water .
Attachments
B42C0281-1131-43F1-9528-68F53E323E2B.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 pm

I noticed more mice this year but i don't really care much....if they are stupid and come out of hiding in daylight the birds will get them and at night they just forage around and stash corn and whatever spilled layer mash they can find..i have caught them in the beam of my lamp when i go out to the coop in the dark to lock things up tight...the mice are the only creature that can make it into the coops when its locked down and they don't cause me any worry....i am not much for drowning a pest...if i did need to rid myself of some of the numbers a snap trap with instant kill would be my choice... :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Return to “Around the Waterer”