General discussion forum.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Chicken Buyer Etiquette 101

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:42 am

MommaChick wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am
Tis the season for sellers to rant about buyers. Don't take it to heart and FB is the worst! I left all the FB Pages and my blood pressure is wondefful now. Even if you fimd a great breeder with wonderful pullets, anything can happen when you bring them home. Everything will be different for them. While doing your best and researching is great, try and take a step back and remember that they are chickens and chickens like to lull you into a false sense of security most times. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know and the further along I go the more I realize that all the planning in the world will only get you as far as the birds are willing to let you go. Have fun and try and surround yourself with happy and honest people. Good luck on your pullet search!
:good post:

going quackers
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Chicken Buyer Etiquette 101

Post by going quackers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 pm

There are idiot buyers and idiot sellers, no group is free of them lol. I have never minded people asking, asking is how we learn and frankly, no one ever stops learning new things, nobody knows everything(mind you some think they do...)

As for bedding as others have said, the "bales" are super easy to work with.. i used to have flax when you could get it for the chickens especially the silkies but it's long gone for me to source.

Good luck in setting up your flock.

Return to “Around the Waterer”