Anuimal lover answers my kijiji ad

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Anuimal lover answers my kijiji ad

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am

I posted a Kijiji ad for a trio of Marans. Said it needed to be this wkend as the rooster would go with the bunch into the freezer on Monday. Got the following reply

Is it really necessary for you to tell us that your chickens are going to end up in your freezer? I am an animal lover, and there are many people out there that agree with me. I understand you want to sell your eggs quickly, but some details really don't need to be mentioned. It is very sad and has nothing to do with your eggs. Sorry I am an ​animal lover and breaks my heart to read something like that, Hope you have a great day!

To which I replied:

I also am an animal lover, I live it every day with my animals. I do not like to see them fighting and injuring each other, and to my knowledge there is no rooster rescue place. I am also a carnivore, and the facts are that this is where meat comes from. Some disagreeable things that must be done, doesn't mean I don't care about my animals. They have lived well up til now, and I don't like doing this, but the other choice is not to have any free range chickens and eat at McDonalds. I like it better this way, tho nothing is perfect.

You got other suggestions, let me know. Someone else with your kind of mindset suggested I turn them loose in the park or a graveyard. I wont do that and let them starve, freeze or get killed by predators. I reiterate, I love my animals, but I am also a realist, I liked the movie Bambi, and I read Black Beauty, but I do not consider either one a textbook. Take care.

Anyone else on here deal with things like this? I am pretty sure that this person is a city dweller that hasn't got a clue. This bunch should do a little homework and find out what percentage of animals die of old age in nature. Irrigates me real good.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: Anuimal lover answers my kijiji ad

Post by Happy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 am

I LOVE your reply! This is the type of animal lover that doesn't want to know reality...

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 am

Good stuff all the time . Not sure where the egg part came from don't see that in your add . Personally I stay away from the animal lover part . I love my family I like my animals . Guess depends how you interpret the word .
Luck
Last edited by ross on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 pm

I wasn't sure about the egg part either, don't know where that came from.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Part of being an animal owner seems to be being an educator, that has been my lifelong experience anyway.
Sometimes a bit painful and I have always preferred to speek to the children rather then their parents, they are simply more open to logical information. Parents on the other hands seemed to be riddled with all kind of bewildering prejudices picked up along the way.
Keep up the good work ;)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 pm
I wasn't sure about the egg part either, don't know where that came from.
Yep most anti whatever folks don't comprehend / take in what they really read & understand they just have a one agenda / track mind . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:22 pm

"Irrigates me"...lol, i am sure you mean irritates me

Otherwise well said
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:29 pm

I see this sort of mindset on Facebook groups all the time--someones bird is desperately sick or injured (and it is suggested to euthanize), or someone has questions about processing, and the 'animal lovers' come out of the woodwork to tell everyone how terrible such notions are. I can't help but notice, however, that none of them seem interested in paying vet bills for treatment, or "adopting" extra roosters themselves. From behind the screen of a computer, or a mob of like minded people, their greatest joy in life is pointing out how much they love animals, and how cruel the rest of us are. Never mind how much animal habitat is detroyed, or how many mice, snakes and frogs are killed every year so that they can live on tofu and wheatgrass! Those numbers are falsified by cruel farmers who wish to enslave and rape domestic food animals ;)

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Well, maybe I did a little good with that reply. I didn't expect any kind of answer, but following is what I got. There may be the odd "animal lover" out there with a brain or an imitation thereof.

I apologize, as what you say makes sense. I just hate to hear it, and I have a BIG MOUTH that I need to control!
Hope you have a Great Weekend! 🐔

Happy

Post by Happy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Did anybody notice the small protest that took place outside city hall the day the GTA voted to allow backyard hens?
People holding signs saying "stop speciesism"
Here's a link on why we are all bad, horrible people for caring so much about the animals that live with us.
https://freefromharm.org/farm-animal-we ... ding-harm/

Return to “Around the Waterer”