Good Morning! <=2017

General discussion forum.
TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Good Morning!

Post by TomK » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:26 am

Happy Sunday everyone...coffee is tasting great...cool out this morning...bout time...got the tree yesterday...its all up and looking spectacular...Esther wasn't sure what to make of it...lol...have to go out and build a larger contained area for the girls...they got into the flower beds and did a job on the thistles...I'm in the dog house with MJ...she was really looking forward to those in their second year...I'm not a flower guy so don't ask me...but the girls sure seemed to like them...I need a walk in the woods today...just might be the ticket... :iheartpto:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:31 am

Good Morning Ya'll

So nice to be in the forum mode again. Although I'm still on Facebook. I found sea shepherd, the cove, the centre for whale research and the elephant sanctuary in Tennessee and whole boatload more ... Who would of known? So much in one place! It's Google except with more detail. Facebook ... Oh Facebook.

Yesterday was my quarantined silks first day in a pen. She's beside the other silkies fenced off and there was lots of chatter back and forth. I sat for an hour and watched the dynamics. Very interesting and my one pullet was very very vocal. I'll have to keep an eye on the little black one once they are integrated in another week or so ... She was pacing the fence like a major stalker. I gave her a 'peck' like another dominant hen would of, a few times and it settled her but I think she has bossy pants capabilities. Lol.

It is heart warming and very rewarding to see her getting to explore, scratching in the straw, climbing the (mini) straw piles, chatty, eating up a storm and she even went in for a dust bath I set up for her. She's been in an XL dog crate on her own here for almost 5 weeks now and before that a small cage with 3 others. She still has a little bit of weight to gain, but that will happen with more time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh did I mention I scored 3 black Silkie pullets from Barb Doddington?? Pick up later this month .. Plus my silks from Doug ... Silkies everywhere!!! Woooohoooo!

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:33 am

image.png
She's a sweetie!!

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:53 am

The new site looks great and it's nice to see the whole "family" has moved over!
Thanks to all for their hard work on this!
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:39 am

It was pointed out to me that I have 3 empty coops ATM (gee thanks Jan). In my defence they are small uninsulated broody/quarantine/whatever coops that would only house about 5 or 6 birds each. I really think that was a low blow with all the hatchitis going around.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:42 am

-- New Feature -- Event Calendar --

when you refresh your page, you will get a new link on the top right part of your screen.
Thanks to domineckernc for sparking the idea!
Please let one of the admins know about an event with the details and we'll add it.

On the calendar, go to January and you can see the Sarnia show entered.
Attachments
linkstopright.JPG
linkstopright.JPG (19.41 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:45 am

I don't have hatchitis KB. Not even interested in it at the present moment. If a silkie went broody or any of them for that matter I'll steal their eggs and have the scars to show for it hahah!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Just gotta say how happy I am with the new forum for a first time out . Can't believe how easy it is to get around & manipulate ALL the various features on my iPhone . Again THANKS all who were & still are involved in its conception & hatching now it's up to us as users to brood it & make it what it can be (the best) if it isn't already .
I don't like to center out one person but from what I understand without his knowledge & hardwork & his web pages we'd still be floundering .WLLadies husband . Thank you Martin .Good to see u on the board . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:44 pm

ross wrote:Just gotta say how happy I am with the new forum for a first time out . Can't believe how easy it is to get around & manipulate ALL the various features on my iPhone . Again THANKS all who were & still are involved in its conception & hatching now it's up to us as users to brood it & make it what it can be (the best) if it isn't already .
I don't like to center out one person but from what I understand without his knowledge & hardwork & his web pages we'd still be floundering .WLLadies husband . Thank you Martin .Good to see u on the board . Luck
Thank you ross and all the other well wishers on behalve of the admins!
But you know, it takes a team to hatch a forum. My part was hatching. Now you guys get to feed it starter and then grower and then :question:

I am by no means a programmer like Erin. Looking at her PSO and thinking she has written all of that from the ground up.
:bow: :bow:
I don't have the time, energy or knowledge to do that!
What you see here is out of the box (free open source software) that needed to be configured. We are using phpBB 3.1.6 for those interested.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:53 pm

LIKE!

LIKE!

you got that right Ross! none of this would have been possible without Martin! im sure we would have figured it out eventually after a few failed attempts... LOL

Thanks Man!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Return to “Around the Waterer”