Good Morning! <=2017

General discussion forum.
NormaK
On the Roost

Good Morning!

Post by NormaK » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:07 am

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST iv randomly placed water dishes around the property for the wild birds but any wild animals are free to use them. I didnt want them drinking from the pond or making there way into the coop.

:beer:
I've done the same around here.
Norma :iheartpto:

shaded
Newly Hatched Chick

Good Morning!

Post by shaded » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:55 am

Killerbunny wrote:I wonder if the coons are after water too. Seems the chipmunks are around here.
One of the ones I got was by catching it in the turkey's rain barrel. It has a heavy lid but I'd been getting water for the cats and forgot to cover it over, just the one day! That coon's unlucky day.
Buckeye,WhChantie,StdDarkCornish,BCMarans,LB leghorns,Ancona,BBSAmeraucana. BSW,BR,Slate,Narry Turkeys.
Member of Rare Breeds Canada/Heritage Livestock Canada
Honey fr homestead bees & Maple Syrup.Lumber, Heirloom fruit trees&plants.
Tamworth Pigs, Goats coming.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Good Morning!

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:58 am

WLLADY... You're starting to tee me off. All this work you do is really making me feel lazy. Gardening....humph! You should sit around and talk about the things you'll do one day "when you get around tuit" while drinking a beverage. You're taking away all my excuses...its too hot to work that hard!

:fan: :beer2:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Good Morning!

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:19 pm

I think Ross has round tuits for people to use.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Good Morning!

Post by ross » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Yep here's one I'm not using ....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.13 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

JimW
Head Chicken

Good Morning!

Post by JimW » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Well since Ross is handing out Round Tuits I better get back to finishing installing the baseboards on my basement floor. I have discovered I hate installing baseboards.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Good Morning!

Post by ross » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Hear yu Jim I've found lately that if I can do it standing or preferably sitting it's ok BUT on my knees nope . Luck man
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Good Morning!

Post by Jaye » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Yep, same here - osteoarthritis in both knees. Anything involving extended time on my knees does me in for days. Last year on a Sunday I applied rubber rock to the front patio area, just an 8 x 8 section, and I used a thick rubber kneeling pad. Hubby was doing the mixing and did often give me a break, but turns out that I did a better job with application and he did a better job of mixing, so ... walking was a challenge for the better part of the following week. Thank goodness for Naproxen.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Maximus

Good Morning!

Post by Maximus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:01 am

Good morning y'all

Haven't been on in a few days. Man was I sick. I'm still recovering. Went out with a friend Sunday despite not feeling well. I hate to be the one to cancel. Dropped Ava off at my daughters while I was out. Had to cut my visit with my friend short. Picked up Ava and dropped friend off and ended up at Sears throwing up everything I've ever eaten in my lifetime in the parking lot. Called Lou and him and Josh came. Lou drove me home to which I progressively got worse rapidly. By dinner time I had a Fever over 104, hallucinations, didn't know where I was, convinced I had my legs amputated from a car accident, a plate in my head and everyone was lying to me. Who everyone was I don't know lol. Also dealt with dehydration during all if that.

That was the worst headache I have ever had in my entire life. Anyways, managed to get fever down to 102.5 by midnight. But the dry heaves ruled me for the next couple of days.

I felt a wee bit better on Tuesday so I had 1/2 and English muffin and some soup. That was it. Back to throwing up. Yesterday I thought ok, let's try crackers and soup. Nope. That won't work. Not to mention the sleeping I've been doing. More sleep than awake.

Today I am going to try a different approach. No gluten/wheat. No 'bouillon' soup. What goes in must be entirely nutritious. Scrambled egg maybe later?. A cucumber? See where this gets me.

Thank goodness for Lou & Josh. They have been wonderful taking care of me, chickens, ducks, cats, bunnies, Drake and a puppy. They've been here every day after work and staying over night to do animal routine before bed and morning, and took shifts on Monday, Josh in the morning and Lou in the afternoon. Monday I wasn't in any condition to be left alone. I don't know what all this is, but boy will I be happy to be back to myself.

A lot goes on in this forum over a few days. Better go catch up. Have a good day y'all.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Good Morning!

Post by Bayvistafarm » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:08 am

Wow Sandy.... glad your sort of on the mend! Scary. Wonder what came over you? And, good for your family stepping up!

It actually rained here this morning. VERY lightly... and only for an hour or so. Doubt much made it to the ground in the beans/corn... but every single drop counts around here!

Picked lots of beans yesterday, and in the heat of the day today, I will take them out, cut them, and blanch them. Did a trial run of some yesterday, just froze them on a cookie sheet without blanching. Was suggested by WLLady. See what they taste like after cooked.

So... I have those, and the ones I did blanch today, to bag. Lots of cucumbers to pick up there. Been feeding to the hens.... as I am NOT ready to deal with those. But want to keep them coming. I watered the onions last night. Well, one patch. Need to go up and see if I need to do the other rows, after this sprinkle.

My Jacobs cattle beans are amazing! They are nearly waist high! HUGE pods on them! I have 2 rows in the garden by the house, but have never watered them at all. They aren't as amazing, but there.... I did weed them sort of awhile back.... and hopefully get a few purebreds to continue the line next year.

I planted a row of Mexican Sunflowers in the garden, and they sure shot up this past week. I planted them late in the spring... and hopefully will have flowers soon! I can SEE where the flowers will be.....

Babysitting at 1pm. Thursday is my day. Not sure what we will do today. Last Thursday, I took him to McDonalds for a ham-murmmer and then to the Dundas Driving Park wading pool.. which is quite deep enough for a small child. He loved it. Then he played on the various climbers/slides/swings.... until he got tired. Then a trip to Tims... for an iced raspberry drink, and picked up an ice-cap for his mama, who works at the beer store. They were both glad to see each other. Then home for a movie and quiet time. For me, LOL.

I did start cleaning my bathroom upstairs an hour ago, when it was raining, so probably I will go out and chore and then come in and finish cleaning those. I also have one downstairs.

So... I will go out now, and check out the kids outside. My red palm and her babies were moved to another pen (where the royal palm girl was... with her 3 kids, who are now half the size of her....because they were getting out under the gate of the big box stall. Everyone is happy now, although at first, she didn't like her digs. Shes been in the box stall ever since I got her from Brebis, what... 3-4 years ago?

Return to “Around the Waterer”