Old ladder/new perches

Have a novel idea for a piece of equipment? Or a re-purpose of an old piece of equipment?
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Old ladder/new perches

Post by Happy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:41 pm

My garage was such a mess we actually forgot we had this old wooden (and heavy as heck) ladder.
I put it in the chicken pen a while back and they're just starting to use it. Of course there was 3 on it until they saw my camera lol.
IMG_7607.JPG
I installed new window screen this year inside the hardware cloth on all windows. I like to keep mosquitos to a minimum. I've finally figured out to use push pins every few inches to hold the screens in place then I can remove them to blast with the garden hose for cleaning or for winter to brighten the coop up a bit. I took them down today and hung on the clothes line to wash and dry before rolling them up and tossing them into the garage rafters. Working on tarping the pen now.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Old ladder/new perches

Post by ross » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Yep recycled old ladders good stuff . Ours is outside & the chickens use it to hop up rung by rung to paint tray or top then fly into open top of Dutch doors . Took bout a week to learn had to open bottom for awhile .
Attachments
image.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Positive it will be their "go-to" place. They just needed time to check it out.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm

That sounds like a lot of chicken fun! I'm going to look for an old ladder on our property.

Return to “Building Projects for Equipment”