Chicken door

Have a cool plan for a coop? Or new roost designs? Or you simply want to show off your new building.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Chicken door

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:42 am

The Dinosaurs / birds connection has been made long time ago, about the same time the Jurasic park movie came out, so the correct answer to the old question of "chicken or egg" is... dinosaur ;)

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Chicken door

Post by Jaye » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:33 am

:-) A creative recycling idea. It would need a latch to keep the raccoons out, though, wouldn't it?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Chicken door

Post by ross » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Yep like all doors . I've seen them lift the guillotine type up & get in if not latched . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

pipes
Newly Hatched Chick

Chicken door

Post by pipes » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54 pm

WLLady wrote:QR_BBPOST Hey did you guys see the news story that some dinosaurs were feathered??! It was on cbc yesterday or thursday. So....the dinosaurs incubated the egg!! Haha! The egg must have come first because that is where the new combo of genes is made from the parents. Always the egg comes first. Otherwise the thing that hatched wouldnt be a chicken.
:-)
Ah my embryology prof would be proud.

I just threw one of those chicken doors out. Darnit!!!

Did you see the documentary where they taped a plunger to a chickens but. When it walked, it looked like a feathered Tyranasaurus.

On the other item, just ask and I can provide.... I'm a plumber. I swap out at least 2 toilets per month. Love the idea though.
I'm not saying get rid of the stupid people, I'm saying do away with the warning labels and let the problem work its self out.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Chicken door

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:26 pm

You got the messy job pipes!

I get a kick to see a chicken give me "the eye", I can see the Velicoraptor easily.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Chicken door

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:34 am

Velociraptors had feathers :)

Return to “Coop Designs and Building Plans”