Pimp My Ride

Have a cool plan for a coop? Or new roost designs? Or you simply want to show off your new building.
Biddy Brooder
Newly Hatched Chick

Pimp My Ride

Post by Biddy Brooder » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:24 am

If my chicken math is correct then 1 free truck cap + scrap wood + left over hardware cloth = more chickens!
Attachments
IMG_1695.JPG

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Pimp My Ride

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:56 am

Very good!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Maximus

Pimp My Ride

Post by Maximus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 am

I have a truck cap to take to the scrap yard. Hmmmmm. Now I'm thinking!

Biddy Brooder
Newly Hatched Chick

Pimp My Ride

Post by Biddy Brooder » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Maximus wrote:QR_BBPOST I have a truck cap to take to the scrap yard. Hmmmmm. Now I'm thinking!
Easily put together. No measuring tapes involved here. Great shelter from the rain and works surprisingly well at keeping them cool during the day. I added the sun porch for some added space and a better place to hang the waterer and feeder.

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Pimp My Ride

Post by goatgal35 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 pm

Oh my, we have 4 that I was just complaining about. If I show Hubby this, he'll get rid of them for sure :)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Pimp My Ride

Post by ross » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Put skids around on sides & sit topper on top with roosts up inside . Make good airy summer homes for chickens & high enough to walk in . Took my last one done last year no pics . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Pimp My Ride

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:48 pm

I had this in mind, then the snow slid off the barn and blew the windows out. I guess the cap was in the wrong place.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Pimp My Ride

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 pm

I used a truck cap as a quarantine pen for several years, was awesome. Only thing is they are annoying to crawl into to retrieve eggs, so better as Ross said to put it up on something!

Maximus

Pimp My Ride

Post by Maximus » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:37 am

Biddy Brooder wrote:QR_BBPOST
Maximus wrote:QR_BBPOST I have a truck cap to take to the scrap yard. Hmmmmm. Now I'm thinking!
Easily put together. No measuring tapes involved here. Great shelter from the rain and works surprisingly well at keeping them cool during the day. I added the sun porch for some added space and a better place to hang the waterer and feeder.
I was thinking of making and selling on kijiji. You know with all the extra time I have :)

I free range my guys and have a few little pens for anyone who is grounded or learning the grounds. But even then I usually just throw them out and expect them to figure it out. And they do.

Biddy Brooder
Newly Hatched Chick

Pimp My Ride

Post by Biddy Brooder » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:29 am

I was free ranging all of my chooks but I found out quickly I was more of a fox farmer than a chicken keeper. Everyone is on the lock down for now until I can figure out how to out fox the fox. I have 2 GSD's that regularly patrol the yard and bark like crazy however, doesn't stop those crafty creatures. Had a bird taken at 4 o'clock in the afternoon not even 20 m away from where I was BBQ'n. And they just grab and go! Next day I put out all my game cameras and sure enough, Mr. Fox was caught on camera snooping around the hen house.

Return to “Coop Designs and Building Plans”