Re: Boy or Girl from the mailed eggs?

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:24 am

I think a rare red baby peacock?

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 pm

If that red partridge cocky one is a boy, I'll eat my hat. Guess I better get some condiments ready just in case. Cockiness alone isn't an indicator...today I saw a little silver partridge pullet (definitely, no doubt (takes out the ketchup)) sparring with an age-mate, an obvious Cockerel (grabs the mustard too)

Killerbunny wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:01 am
You do know about her transgender turkey don't you? Just sayin'
Yeah. Bruce Jen is now (to me) obviously male, if a small one, but still has one of the toms confused.
Then there's Little Mama who is now Little Dude.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 am

OK, so Windworkingwoof, you are a somewhat vindicated. Both that had the black head spot now mottled? Both crowing this morning. Much as I was hoping for a hen especially after La-chicken picked it as a pullet, I was convinced. But a croaky crow this morning, and I seen it.

So the official count as of today. Those two, Klondike, the blue pea comb americauna looking, have been crowing. Couple undetermined at this time. The grey neck, sort of Columbian looking I am pretty sure is a roo, but haven't actually seen him crowing.

Breaking news as it happens. Load our opt to keep up to date.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Return to “Brooding and Broodies”