MIRACILE Birthday hatch!!!!

Fairsing farm
On the Roost
Answers: 1

MIRACILE Birthday hatch!!!!

Post by Fairsing farm » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:32 pm

So excited for my next batch! Set around 225 eggs that are due to hatch on my birthday April 2nd! What could be a better birthday present? Only my incubator is temporarily out of commission so I had to set them in my hatch and hand turning them 2 x a day lol.

Set the usual silkies showgirls in white black buff and cuckoo, and bantam white Cochins in smooth and frizzled.

Will candle on Sunday. Not expecting great fertility as I was away for 10 days during collection and most of my pens are AI'ed

Excited to see how we do :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
Last edited by Fairsing farm on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insurance broker/hobby farm enthusiast competes in cariage driving, breeder and exhibitor of silkies and showgirls in buff black cuckoo white, bantam white Cochins in smooth & frizzledd https://www.facebook.com/FairsingFarms/

Chasinthedream
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Birthday hatch set!

Post by Chasinthedream » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Excellent! I set about 140 last Sunday so there should be a lot of critters sharing your birthday.
Black Australorp, Standard White Cornish, Belted Galloway, Maple Syrup

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Birthday hatch set!

Post by WLLady » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Nice!!!! fingers crossed for you both. I just set a week ago, and again last night.....and there's no birthdays or anything coming up....oh, and i only set 42. half chickens, half turkeys, so i'll have to pull the chickens out for lockdown in a different incubator and let the turkeys keep perking along another week. why do i do that to myself? geez....been hatching so long you'd think i would figure out set the turkeys FIRST, then add chickens a week LATER....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

SandyM

Birthday hatch set!

Post by SandyM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Wow. That's a lot of chickens. Good luck!

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Birthday hatch set!

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:52 pm

That is ALOT of eggs. Wow! Good luck

kenya
Henny Penny

Birthday hatch set!

Post by kenya » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:07 pm

WoW 225 eggs. 140 eggs 42 eggs. You guys are my hero's!!! I go for smaller hatches, 20 is my limit to handle!
Fairsing farm How many did you hatch from the last batch, any beautiful showgirls for me? Could pickup in Paris if you have any. Only like white ones with bow ties no beards. :fingersx:

Fairsing farm
On the Roost

Birthday hatch set!

Post by Fairsing farm » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 pm

kenya wrote:QR_BBPOST WoW 225 eggs. 140 eggs 42 eggs. You guys are my hero's!!! I go for smaller hatches, 20 is my limit to handle!
Fairsing farm How many did you hatch from the last batch, any beautiful showgirls for me? Could pickup in Paris if you have any. Only like white ones with bow ties no beards. :fingersx:
Hey Kenya, I only hatched 3 non bearded I need to grow those out for the Ohio nationals. I will reserve you a couple for mount forest
Insurance broker/hobby farm enthusiast competes in cariage driving, breeder and exhibitor of silkies and showgirls in buff black cuckoo white, bantam white Cochins in smooth & frizzledd https://www.facebook.com/FairsingFarms/

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Birthday hatch set!

Post by thegawd » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 pm

WOWZERS!!! thats awesome Fairsing! fingers crossed!!! I just fired up mine. 64 eggs plus whatever I get tomorrow. mostly reds plus a dozen light brown leghorn. I set tomorrow night!!!

:beer:
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Fairsing farm
On the Roost

Birthday hatch set!

Post by Fairsing farm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:27 am

kenya wrote:QR_BBPOST WoW 225 eggs. 140 eggs 42 eggs. You guys are my hero's!!! I go for smaller hatches, 20 is my limit to handle!
I ended up with about 50 or so chicks from my last batch

kenya
Henny Penny

Birthday hatch set!

Post by kenya » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 am

Good luck with this hatch, tell those showgirls to get to work, you need more! Ha! Ha!

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”