Humidity in Ontario!

Lj and co
Newly Hatched Chick

Humidity in Ontario!

Post by Lj and co » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:47 am

Hello Everyone,

I was just curious if anyone is incubating right now and is having a hard time with general air humidity and your incubator humidity. My Hova-Bator is having zero issues. The plastic one that had great reviews is.

My plastic incubator is this model:
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 9.40.14 AM.png
The instructions say to fill the middle line of tray with water but I currently can only put a tablespoon in and sometimes less water to keep humidity under control.

Anyone else having this issue? Today in southern ontario humidity outside was 93%! Our inside humidity seems to be around 45-50%.

Thanks for reading!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Humidity in Ontario!

Post by WLLady » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am

Hi!!! and welcome to PTO! ah yeah, sw ontario humidity-fun stuff!! when i was running hovabators over the last 10 years or so when the humidity was this high i would actually run them almost dry and sometimes i would run them dry....the ambient humidity seemed to be enough! i switched to a sportsman and i think the sheer volume of the incubator helps. one thing you can do (if you arent) is open the vent port on the top...that will let some air exchange and humidity escape if your humidity is creeping up too high. otherwise just try to avoid large fluctuations in the humidity and like you are doing.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Humidity in Ontario!

Post by kenya » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Ah I have the opposite problem, humidity too low, I usually dry hatch but my humidity at 22 is too low so I have to add water. Have silkie eggs in incubating and just hatched out some.
I had stopped hatching end of June but the hatching bug got me again.

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”