Looking for a sportsman type incubator

muffin
On the Roost

Post by muffin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Needs to be reasonably priced...I do have a round older galvinzed one that needs a little attention, but really prefer the cabinet type. Will likely have to refit anyway as our farm is off-grid and on solar.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

off-grid? a sportsman is 375 watts and is around $400, a hova bator is 75 watts and can be 12 volt, and you can pick up a used "turbofan" model for $100 - 150, and a turner for $50.

if you put your location in your profile helps. a lady near London has a turbo-hova for sale $100 and a turner for $40. (and the turner can be customized for goose, or quail eggs)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Fairsing farm
On the Roost
Answers: 1

Post by Fairsing farm » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:05 pm

I have an extra sportsman cabinet with a turner, the heater needs to be replaced on it but in good condition otherwise. I'm located near Orangeville could bring to mount Forrest
Insurance broker/hobby farm enthusiast competes in cariage driving, breeder and exhibitor of silkies and showgirls in buff black cuckoo white, bantam white Cochins in smooth & frizzledd https://www.facebook.com/FairsingFarms/

Dorbert
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Dorbert » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 am

And how much are you asking?

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”