July Quail Incubation results

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: July Quail Incubation results

Post by Kbr42 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:05 pm

It will keep you busy for sure @Jaye . Are they all the same kind?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:42 pm

@Kbr42 , Yes, all the same kind; i.e., Coturnix, but several different colour varieties. Little stinkers ... but so stinkin' cute!
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 pm

We finally finished getting our quail tractor extra fortified and up and running again. Our 50 new quail are well settled in and thrilled with all the space. Even the special needs chicks, the "three blind mice", have adapted really well and have blended in with the others (we are making sure to keep feed and water in the same location), and "LOO" - Last One Out - the late surprise that I helped out of it's shell - is thriving too. It's still smaller than the rest, but I doubt I will be able to tell him apart from the other Pharaoh chicks soon. The d'Uccles are doing well, and so are the Silkies, who are in with the main flock for weeks already. Life is good.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”