Hovabator and Genisis part missing!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Hovabator and Genisis part missing!

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:02 pm

So I sold my original hovabator (vintage 1980’s and holds 42 eggs or so) 5 years ago when I bought a Sportsman (holds 300 eggs!).

Circumstances and my needs have changed (and the big unit consumed 200 watts so hydro bills as well!) and I sold my sportsman and plugged in a “new to me” hovabator. The autoturner as well as the autoturner I am delivering to Wllady (from Ontariochick) are slightly different from my old one: there’s a piece missing! The old turner had a plastic sleeve to stop the egg racks from “jumping off track” from the turner frame. Its an easy fix - I bought a package of “report covers” from the dollar store and the spine works just as well. see the pics. (included the fix on Wllady’s unit)
FC774A45-0A76-402B-8349-93787793574D.jpeg
84D975F0-DD95-4F4D-910C-6265B1BB626B.jpeg
3F9A81F9-27FA-42EB-9F0F-1415FDFAED7C.jpeg
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Hovabator and Genisis part missing!

Post by kenya » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47 am

Nice to have a handyman!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:55 am

I bought my turner from Berry Hill in 2006 and 2014 and neither had the part you describe @baronrenfrew
Didn't seem to be needed with the chicken eggs treys, I wonder if they are needed for the quail egg trays?
I find these relatively small companies change their product on regular bases, either their suppliers of parts change or they tweak their own product reacting to consumer feed back.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:39 am

Neither my Hovabator nor Little Giant turners have these parts and I've never had a problem either.
Can we please stop talking incys and turners? I am sitting on my hands ATM not getting mine out because I am sending to Millpond but is HARD!
Oh well only 2 weeks to BR babies coming from PP.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:55 am

yep, i have 2 of those turners already and never had an issue....in fact i like those ones better because the trays just fit in and the arm for the turner slides in. the newer ones have holes...and it's a bit of gymnastics to trade out trays. and i hate when they change designs because the new trays don't fit the old turners and the old trays don't fit the new turners!!! argh!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:03 am

Planned obsolescence Kathy , have to buy whole new if breaks .
Create a problem than fix no matter what it costs .... the customer. Luck KB hands getting warm ? Lol
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:23 am

I had to replace a few of these motors as well. Bought extras last time. If someone needs them in a hurry, I can forward them or pm me and I can tell you the website if you want to order yourself.
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 am

poultry_admin wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:23 am
I had to replace a few of these motors as well. Bought extras last time. If someone needs them in a hurry, I can forward them or pm me and I can tell you the website if you want to order yourself.
Funny you should mention that. About a year ago I was convinced that my turner wasn't turning. I looked everywhere for a new motor. I endeup at the incubator warehouse in the U S.
Ordered one. It came, I fiddled around to get it changed. It worked. But i didn't like it. So, i plugged the old one in and it worked! So I swapped the back out. It needed a rest. I could use where you ordered yours from.

Thanks.

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”