Loading up the incubator

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Re: Loading up the incubator

Post by Poultryprincess » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 pm

I don't mind moving....it's the arguing & unrealistic list hubby gives me as a condition.
( big bick Victorian farmhouse, pond, barn, drive shed, acreage, within an hour of Toronto for Under $300,000.!!! )
He may as well be asking me to wake up tomorrow as a 20 yr old blonde bombshell :dunno:

<< we have a GREAT offer on our place, & hubby just keeps putting the whammy on it :sAng_banghead:
If they don't firm up the deal with his changes by 11pm tonite the deal is dead. poop poop poop
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 am

Last week I took out two EO eggs. They look like the embryo died at about day 4. So I have 2 Ameraucanas and 5 EOs left. On day 16 now. The other ones are 3 weeks old and growing fast. :)

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 am

Today is day 17. I checked the air cells, and they are not big enough, even though I have kept the humidity about 32-35%. The weather has been humid and so is the house. There was a power outage for 15 minutes on June 21st. It has been getting quite cool at night so the temperature in the incubator has been cooler then. I get up at night to turn it up. It's been a couple of days since I looked at them last, and today I see 3 of the EO eggs are only 3/4 full and where the veins are below the chick I can see some dark globs. Does this mean the chicks have died? The other 2 EO eggs are full and so are the 2 Ameraucana eggs. This hatch is not going very well.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 pm

You may want to try to run a de-humidifier in the room with the incubator, that's why I don't hatch in the summer here, the humidity is terrible and can't really lower it in the incubator, but you can actually lower it quite a bit in the room with a good humidifier.

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”