Guinea Fowl Egg Incubation ... humidity

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello I have 2 dozen guinea fowl eggs in the incubator, just looking for any advice on humidity level to keep them at?

I normally incubate my chicken eggs relatively dry (30-40%) until lock down and then raise it.

Should that work for quinea eggs? Or wetter or drier?

Thanks
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Well.... I am a BAD guinea mom. I set the bator.... and pretty much never wrote anything down.... thought they may hatch about the 24th.... it was 5 days before I even looked at them last.... and went in and the 7 eggs that made it thru (took out pretty much 24 that were clear)... all hatched, without a speck of water whatsoever. They were still pointy end down, in the egg rack holder things. On the turner. Ready to fly practically.

What are the odds, that all 7 hatched. Two I did help... they were abit dry. They are all fine today!

So.... previous years of incubating guinea's.... I would take off turner, and put water in the wells at day 24. I think I will dry incubate again, and only add abit of water on Day 25.

Or set it again, and forget it, lol.

So.. not much help here.

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 pm

GQF chart has it the same as chickens.
I have about 50 in the bator now that should hatch next weekend.
We will see how it goes.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 pm

i hatch the same as chickens, and just had a 100% hatch....so....i think however you do chickens should work just fine...
(okay, my 100% was 4 out of 4 eggs but it's still 100%!) i have hatched quite a few a couple years ago, all with chicken eggs in too, and same conditions. always seemed to do just fine.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Ok thanks everyone, I will just treat like chicken eggs and hope for the best.

Doug, I might be interested in a few keets, if you have any different coloured ones.

JimW
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am

JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST Ok thanks everyone, I will just treat like chicken eggs and hope for the best.

Doug, I might be interested in a few keets, if you have any different coloured ones.

JimW
I'm trying to hatch more. That is... if I ever get some that are all fertile. I think I started too early.

I will have some for sale too. With this bunch I am keeping eggs from , I got some lavenders and coral blues and dundottes. as well as pearl and Royal purples. Dun dundottes, I think. I am also breeding those. If you want, I will let you know what happens.

JimW
Head Chicken

Post by JimW » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Bayvistafarm wrote:QR_BBPOST
JimW wrote:QR_BBPOST Ok thanks everyone, I will just treat like chicken eggs and hope for the best.

JimW
I'm trying to hatch more. That is... if I ever get some that are all fertile. I think I started too early.

I will have some for sale too. With this bunch I am keeping eggs from , I got some lavenders and coral blues and dundottes. as well as pearl and Royal purples. Dun dundottes, I think. I am also breeding those. If you want, I will let you know what happens.
Yes definitely let me know if you have some keets looking for all colours pretty much.
Black & Blue Poultry

Doug The Chickenman
On the Roost

Post by Doug The Chickenman » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:45 pm

I have Pearl, White, Pied Pearl, Royal Purple, Lavender, Sky Blue, Pied Lavender.
We will see what hatches.

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”