Last hatch tomorrow.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am

Tomorrow will be the last hatch of my season. Last night I was watching the eggs, I get such a kick out of seeing the little eggs start to jiggle. Like a rock coming to life after sitting there forever. A little nervous as in the past red layers often don't have a good hatch rate. A bit sad too as this is not only my last hatch of the season, it will probably be my last hatch for a long time, due to some issues I had to sell off my flock, I will raise the chicks over the summer to keep me happy but by fall I will be out of chickens.

Maximus

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Maximus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:38 am

Oh no. Sorry to hear this SR.

Hope you'll come back to the dark side one day. I'm sure we'll all be willing to help get you set back up again with flock stock.

Take good care of you!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:47 am

So sorry to hear that. Maybe you can visit folks to get a "fix"
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:52 am

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST Tomorrow will be the last hatch of my season. Last night I was watching the eggs, I get such a kick out of seeing the little eggs start to jiggle. Like a rock coming to life after sitting there forever. A little nervous as in the past red layers often don't have a good hatch rate. A bit sad too as this is not only my last hatch of the season, it will probably be my last hatch for a long time, due to some issues I had to sell off my flock, I will raise the chicks over the summer to keep me happy but by fall I will be out of chickens.
I hope you will stick around on PTO, it's a circle of life and I am sure you will come around to poultry again. :)

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Jaye » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 am

That's really unfortunate, SR. I hope that you can get those issues resolved so that you can get back to life with chickens again soon.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by Robbie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Oh noooo! I'm sorry to hear that, but I do hope you're back in sometime in the future. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out in the end.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by kenya » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Oh sorry to hear this, hopefully things will change and you'll get chickens again, they are addicting.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Last hatch tomorrow.

Post by WLLady » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:07 am

Aww SR i am sorry.... :hug:
It really sucks....but do what you have to do....maybe you and i could start a poultry withdrawal thread....i am going to be moving many birds before end of july i think....enjoy the little ones. Cayles custom hatch is my last now for the year...possibly 2 years if my surgery is in december or so.
Hang in there and i am positive lots of people can help when you come back to chickens!!!
Hugs!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”