HELP!! I don't think these are fertilzed

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:44 am

redninja wrote:QR_BBPOST Those are great pictures Colleen. Can I use them for some material I am putting together for some young chicken enthusiasts?
They are public domain from Internet I have been using them for years, the best I was able to find when I was getting to be an expert on Infertile eggs. :)
Also posted them in Sandy's thread, when she was trying to make her poor Silky hatch infertile eggs. ;)
Made a separate thread for future reference.

redninja
On the Roost

Post by redninja » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 am

Thanks OC. Will add them to my ed material.
Don't let anyone tell you who you can or can't be.
Breeding Isbar, Ameracauna, BBS Muscovy, Goat

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 am

Ontario Chick wrote:QR_BBPOST
redninja wrote:QR_BBPOST Those are great pictures Colleen. Can I use them for some material I am putting together for some young chicken enthusiasts?
They are public domain from Internet I have been using them for years, the best I was able to find when I was getting to be an expert on Infertile eggs. :)
Also posted them in Sandy's thread, when she was trying to make her poor Silky hatch infertile eggs. ;)
LOL! I love public humiliation HAHAHAHAHA! Poor girl. She sat for 25 days and just made runny eggs. Oops?

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Maximus wrote:QR_BBPOST
Ontario Chick wrote:QR_BBPOST
LOL! I love public humiliation HAHAHAHAHA! Poor girl. She sat for 25 days and just made runny eggs. Oops?
I like to think of it as an opportunity to learn for all those interested! ;) :chicken-hatching: :iheartpto:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:47 pm

so to spill some beans.....we are going to be working on a "fowl facts" section of PTO....things like the photos of fertilized vs not fertilized eggs would be PERFECT for this project. I am going to get to it when i am off after surgery i hope, when i have a bit more time to concentrate on things like this.....so keep in mind things you'd like to see in the "fowl facts". i'll start a new thread in a bit about it, i just don't have time right now to organize the whole thing and get going on it.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Colleen Kinzie
Free Ranging

Post by Colleen Kinzie » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Yes they are from OC reply to my post
These are the pics of my eggs I posted below
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (22.34 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Bottom pic fertilized. Top pic not

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Well. What a flop. I didn't think they looked fertilized which is why I put on here, but I definitely am not one to be sure on that topic. Not one egg had a chick in it. Nada. Zip. Zero. I don't know what went wrong, but all I can assume is these eggs aren't fertilized. When all 8 eggs are soup inside after 24 days no blood, no formation, nothing but liquid, then I can only point my finger in one direction. Rooster.

Poor girl, all her dedication in the garbage :(

I candled at 10 or so days and I see a dark area. I should of been more thorough on what I was to look for. Because I would of known apparently right then they were duds.

Guess no more broody mom on our own eggs until some of my EE' cockerels get older. Now to decide what to do with a rooster who doesn't. He's such a good roo for them, I can't imagine not keeping him around.

Here's an egg. No Saturn ring.
image.jpeg

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Have you tried AI?

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Sorry, have I tried what from Al?

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:51 pm

I think Kenya was talking about Artificial Insemination (AI). As I recall, Fairsing Farms has a couple of really good how-to You Tube videos, if you're thinking of giving it a try.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Return to “Incubating and Hatching”