Blue Plymouth Rocks?

SandyM

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by SandyM » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 am

I can't find anything worthy to validate this strain of rocks. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Or BS?
image.png

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by thegawd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:12 am

yup they are a breed recognized by the APA... Pretty. if a so called breeder dosent know that blue is really diluted black... dont buy them LOL. cuz who knows what other faults are being bred into the birds... yes you will always get black when breeding blues. the black ones only got half the blue genes while the blue birds got both blue genes...
Al

Home Grown Poultry

goatgal35
Starting to Crow

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by goatgal35 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 am

Would it not also be normal to get some splash chicks as well?

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by thegawd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:43 am

im not a genetics wizard by any means LOL. but I would assume it would come down to how they were bred. blue to black, splash to blue ect ect... I recall a very great article OC posted about breeding blues and how the blue/black/splash shoupd be considered different breeds... idk though... I decided I wasnt going to breed my BBS Ameraucanas and avoid the headache LOL.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

SandyM

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by SandyM » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 am

Hmmm, I don't think she is selling, just posting her pics. I want blue plymouths. Wait, is that a want or a need. Hmmm.

Very interest. I'm going to dig deeper and see what I can find.

BobG
On the Roost

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by BobG » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:06 am

From what I see this is typical when breeding blue fowl . Nothing out of the ordinary in that group of chicks .
Chilliwack B.C. Breeder, Exhibitor of SC Large RIR , Brown Red Modern Game Btms, Brown Red O.E. Btms , Grey Call Ducks

clawton
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by clawton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:13 am

I believe precision Plymouth rocks breeds them in London
I will ask as I'm contacting them for other reasons in the next week

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 am

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST im not a genetics wizard by any means LOL. but I would assume it would come down to how they were bred. blue to black, splash to blue ect ect... I recall a very great article OC posted about breeding blues and how the blue/black/splash shoupd be considered different strains (correction by OC) ... idk though... I decided I wasnt going to breed my BBS Ameraucanas and avoid the headache LOL.
You got it Al!!!
Like BobG said typical group of chicks.
Sandy if you are looking for a headache, breeding Blues will guarantee that! ;)

BobG
On the Roost

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by BobG » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:49 am

Just an FYI, Nuno is the person who has caused Precision Poultry to stop selling eggs .I am glad that some hatched , but a little sad also as next year that small group will probably be pumping out chicks . That's not a large enough group to pick future breeders from
Chilliwack B.C. Breeder, Exhibitor of SC Large RIR , Brown Red Modern Game Btms, Brown Red O.E. Btms , Grey Call Ducks

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Blue Plymouth Rocks?

Post by thegawd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:55 am

BobG wrote:QR_BBPOST Just an FYI, Nuno is the person who has caused Precision Poultry to stop selling eggs .I am glad that some hatched , but a little sad also as next year that small group will probably be pumping out chicks . That's not a large enough group to pick future breeders from

I thought I recognized that name but couldnt connect the dots... so they get hatching eggs from PPR, complain about how they were shipped, gave a nasty review which caused PPR to shut down selling hatching eggs. then once the "terrible eggs" hatched they have no idea what they have.... And in 8-10 months time you can expect this person to be selling these as hatching eggs.

RIDICULOUS!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Return to “Poultry Breeding and Projects”