I suck at projects!

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

I suck at projects!

Post by Skinny rooster » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I suck at projects, I was thinking of joining back into some of the clubs, I didn't and I left everything too late. This winter broke me! It was -30 almost every night here from beginning of December to beginning of February so I didn't breed any rabbits and I didn't hatch any chicks. Chores were a pain and I was paranoid that the -30s were coming back at any time. However time just went "poof" and the auctions are here and gone, I missed everything! The older I get the more disorganized I get.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: I suck at projects!

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Best laid plans..... :)
my guess is that you didn't do it, because you didn't really want to, you know what they say, there are no accidents.
It's easy enough to load your self with all sorts of "goodies", but lets face it the great fun of acquisition is quickly followed by crapload of work. Perhaps with age you are becoming more sensible??? and lets face it, sensible is seriously boring ;)

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:39 pm

I agree with OC but really the best time for chickens is when its warm they can go outside, enjoy themselfs and you have less chores and more enjoyment. Perhaps subconsciencely you were waiting for warmer weather. Start now and you can enjoy them a little more.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Bird sale in early May in Lombardy, just west of Smith's Falls. Not too late to hatch for that one. Just saying :D

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Skinny..I feel your pain...i have all sorts of 'about to start' projects here and a lot that need doing but where does the time go?....I had the time, I wanted to do this sfuff, but its April already and the garden is calling....ugh!!
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Return to “Poultry Breeding and Projects”