Your opinion wanted: white eggs.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:36 pm

On Barred Hollands: when I saw Shaded (sheesh, I have enough of a hard time learning names now I know them by their handles) she told me about her Barred Hollands and the birds she got were inbred and had problems with fertility and finding new bloodlines. If she's on here you should get her to tell her full story.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Robbie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:37 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST Robbie: what about your standard cornish, and your bantam cornish "meat bird" program?

Either that or we have to found a group: chicken keepers anonymous. "Hi I'm Robbie... and I'm a compulsive chicken keeper...."

:farmer:

Too far gone for that, beyond help already.......... actually don't want to be cured............
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Robbie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST On Barred Hollands: when I saw Shaded (sheesh, I have enough of a hard time learning names now I know them by their handles) she told me about her Barred Hollands and the birds she got were inbred and had problems with fertility and finding new bloodlines. If she's on here you should get her to tell her full story.
No barred hollands will be bred pure , they are strictly for crossing. That solves a lot of problems :-)
:sFun_mornincoffee:

MommaChick
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Post by MommaChick » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm

We have Buff and Red Leghorns as well as Andalusians right now that we are babysitting and I like thier white eggs. I do miss my rainbow egg baskets though. My Chanteclers lay a very light brown egg so I don't have much to compare anything to at the moment. Maybe next year I'll have a little pen of EES to make some pretty eggs, but there's not much room right now.
Momma to 4 little chicks down on The Farm
Chickens: Standard White Chanteclers, Bantam Rhode Island Reds, Bantam Black Wyandottes.
Rabbits: Black, Broken Black, & Black Otter Rex
Big Critters: Milking Shorthorns (Reg and Grade), Hay burning Horses out back, and one patient man

Return to “Poultry Breeding and Projects”