Ordering from Frey's

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Ordering from Frey's

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Anyone know what stores around Ottawa are ordering from Frey's? Did anyone try this year, I am wondering how much it works out per/chick. I was going to try a closer hatchery but I recently met a woman who asked for all hens and got 60% roosters from there so yikes.
Even though she paid for all hens, according to her story.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Ordering from Frey's

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 pm

http://www.freyshatchery.com/WhoWeAre.shtml
Most of the info is on their website, you can order thru a feed store, or have the shipped thru Post directly to you.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Ordering from Frey's

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Dude: you are in gatineau: wouldn't the quebec feed stores get birds from Couvoir Simetin near Mirabel? They have a bigger variety than Frey's (and I have only good things to say about Freys). I believe Frey's is the major provider on the Ontario side. http://www.couvoir.com/produits_en.html
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Ordering from Frey's

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:53 pm

@Baronrenfrew, some of my neighbours ordered from the Quebec one and the orders were completely screwed up so I don't have confidence in them. Freys on the other hand is reliable.

Thank you OC!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Ordering from Frey's

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Skinny rooster wrote:QR_BBPOST @Baronrenfrew, some of my neighbours ordered from the Quebec one and the orders were completely screwed up so I don't have confidence in them. Freys on the other hand is reliable.

Thank you OC!
Really? Brutal in todays day and age to mess up. Well, good luck to you...
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Ordering from Frey's

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:20 am

I should probably add that it is possible the feed store messed up on the orders or my neighbours were not clear in ordering, since it didn't happen to me personally I don't know for sure. I just don't want to discourage anyone from trying them, every company can have a bad day. Mostly I have bought chicks from Frey's since I was twelve and have always been happy with my results so I like to stick with what I know.

Silkie Sue
On the Roost

Ordering from Frey's

Post by Silkie Sue » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:40 am

i order my meaties though our local feed mill and they come from Frey's. TSC also deals with Frey's. i have never been disappointed and i order the Frankenbirds..... example last year we ordered 50 straight run, they gave us 53 and in 8 weeks we took 51 to the abattoire. Will be ordering from there again this year, may go with 60

Return to “Poultry Breeding and Projects”