Pictures of your Performance Poultry Birds!

Xox-Zip-xoX
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Hey everyone!
Not sure if this is allowed in this section, but I wanted to start this thread for people to share pictures of their birds from Performance Poultry!

I got this idea from something I saw on another chicken forum. They had different threads for sharing pictures of poultry bought from certain hatcheries.
I thought it might be a cool idea, especially for Performance Poultry since it has a large variety of ornamental birds, but also because it'd be nice for people, like me, who are thinking of placing an order with them but would like to see some examples of the stock they have!

Posts can be of any type of bird of any breed. All I ask is that you say what breeds they are in your post.

Lets see your Performance Poultry stock!

Best Answer by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:40 am
I think this thread needs a picture, however out of date it is. :)
I purchased the partridge/gold colored birds from Performance Poultry about 10 years ago as Ameraucanas,
before I knew they were Easter Eggers. :)
They were healthy birds, good layers and I was pretty happy with them, after I got over the fact they weren't exactly as advertised.
I have seen another flock couple of years ago and they were still good looking birds and still Easter Eggers ;)
Performanc Poultry.jpg

GO TO FULL POST ➙

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

I think it's a very good idea, keeping in mind that the birds purchased last year wouldn't necessarily come from the same source as this years chicks.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Nice idea, can't do it this evening but will try and get some of the ones we have gotten from them over the last few years up. We ave gotten quite few different ones!
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:18 pm

I have a large order placed for end of April so can't contribute as of yet.

tpaq1972
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by tpaq1972 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:54 am

Love this idea! I get chickens from Jason every year but always sell them before winter. I have a few females of ALOT of different breeds coming the end of May. Planning on picking through and keeping most this time. Always love to see Chicken pics. New to me this year is his Buff Orps, Mottled Java, Ancona, and the three colors of Brahmas. Last year I was really happy with the Blue Cochins, Speckled Sussex and fell in love with the New Hampshire's!

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:40 am

I think this thread needs a picture, however out of date it is. :)
I purchased the partridge/gold colored birds from Performance Poultry about 10 years ago as Ameraucanas,
They were healthy birds, good layers and I was pretty happy with them, after I got over the fact they weren't exactly as advertised.
I have seen another flock couple of years ago and they were still good looking birds and still Easter Eggers ;)
Performanc Poultry.jpg

Xox-Zip-xoX
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:QR_BBPOST I think this thread needs a picture, however out of date it is. :)
Performanc Poultry.jpg
Yay a picture! Those chickens are lovely :) I'd actually just read a bunch of reviews for Performance Poultry where people were talking about the "Ameraucanas" not being true Ameraucanas. Glad to hear they were good layers, What were the eggs like? I just placed an order for them, and some Sebrights for pickup in March. True Ameraucana or not, I'm excited to see how they turn out! :)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Xox-Zip-xoX wrote:
Yay a picture! Those chickens are lovely :) I'd actually just read a bunch of reviews for Performance Poultry where people were talking about the "Ameraucanas" not being true Ameraucanas. Glad to hear they were good layers, What were the eggs like? I just placed an order for them, and some Sebrights for pickup in March. True Ameraucana or not, I'm excited to see how they turn out! :)
They were good layers, eggs were more or less blue and good size, in general terms their eggs were a bit larger then those of true Ameraucanas.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:57 pm

We got "Ameracauna" from him 2 years ago and they are very nice friendly birds, good layers of large green and blue eggs. They are a variety of colours, from white to dark brown.
I'll post some pics when I get onto my computer!
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 am

This is Big Bird. Originally from Performance Poultry as a chick I got her as an adult hen with 2 sisters. She was the last of them and lost in the dog attack this year. Very calm birds, pretty but not too bright!
Big Bird.jpg
She really was a large lady too.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Breed Specific Discussion”