Pictures of your Performance Poultry Birds!

jennbarnes
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by jennbarnes » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Performance poultry my leghorns
Performance poultry my leghorns
performance poultry my leghorns
performance poultry my leghorns

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Not bad!!! They look awesome for 'hatchery' birds! Wish I'd had that kind of luck with the Giants I ordered, all of them hit the freezer except for two that I got kind of attached to lol, and if you saw those two, you'd wonder what the heck I was doing even keeping them :/

Xox-Zip-xoX
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Anyone ordering from PP again this year?

I did a combined order with my Dad and his GF this year, they are getting White Leghorns and Speckled Sussex, so I decided to grab another group of Silver Sebrights, since I only had two roosters make it to adulthood from last years order (totally my fault - escaped through an overlooked hole in the pen as chicks)

Today I received an email from PP informing me they changed my order from Silver Sebrights to Buff Sebrights as that is "all they have" I'm not really interested in Buff Sebrights. I emailed them back asking if it's at all possible they will have either the Silvers or Golds available again for a later hatch date and am waiting to here back. I didn't see anything on their website/price list saying they were sold out, or only had limited quantities as I have with some of their other breeds, so we will see. If not though I'm not really sure what I will do, I'd like to order something, I feel bad for the banty roos with no hens of their own, but I'm just not into the Buff Sebrights.

Here is a picture of one of my Silver Sebright roosters from last year.

Xox-Zip-xoX
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Well, no luck on the Sebrights, so I went with some Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'uccles. Blue Mille Fleur, as PP is sold out of regular Mille Fleur foir the season. Anyone have any experience with these guys? I've heard they are quite sweet. Any pictures of any Blue Mille Fleurs? I've seen regular Mille Fleurs but am not very familiar with the Blue variety, my understanding is they are pretty much the same as a regular Mille Fleur just have blue in the place of black?

I was going to order some Self Blue Silkies as well, but they are sold out of those too, this is what I get for placing my order so late in the season I guess.

Took some more pictures of the birds I got from them last year so figured I would share.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 pm

I used to have some silver sebrights. they were beautiful little birds! although the rooster was a bit obsessively protective of his hen. we fought daily until eventually he learned that I was boss. but he did chase my aunt right to her car and wouldnt let her out! I wasnt home and so she called me and said, "you didnt tell me you have an attack chicken!" and I LOL! hes the smallest chicken I ever had and one of the toughest!

I just love those little birds but I have enough eye candy around here.

good luck on your search!
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Xox-Zip-xoX
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 am

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST I used to have some silver sebrights. they were beautiful little birds! although the rooster was a bit obsessively protective of his hen. we fought daily until eventually he learned that I was boss. but he did chase my aunt right to her car and wouldnt let her out! I wasnt home and so she called me and said, "you didnt tell me you have an attack chicken!" and I LOL! hes the smallest chicken I ever had and one of the toughest!

I just love those little birds but I have enough eye candy around here.

good luck on your search!
Thanks!

Really? That's funny! We used to have a rooster who behaved similarly, he was a Colombian Rock x Red we got from Freys our first time ordering chickens. He to had a tendency to chase people, If he saw anyone outside he'd start making his way down from the barnyard to harass them. He would do this thing where he would pretend to peck at the ground if you noticed him, wait until you looked away, than charge at you lol. I actually still have a mark on my leg from the first time he attacked me. Ironically, his name was Nice Rooster.

My Sebrights are pretty friendly, a little timid though. They have no interest in being touched, and they're a bit more slow to take food from my hands than the EEs, but not at all aggressive.

Return to “Breed Specific Discussion”