ameraucana crosses... worth the effort?

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:59 pm

I know i have been back through my notes and have no clue on the blue thing bvf....we spent hours trying to figure it out....i dont think we will ever know-my barred are marks lines too. :-) genes will also recombine...so expect the unexpected i guess and cull heavily for what you dont want....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Robbie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:48 pm

It's pretty clear, WLLady's Ameraucana has been been a naughty boy. ;-)
:sFun_mornincoffee:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 pm

I have never met a rooster that didnt like his girls AND the girls next door lol. Funny thing though....i gave Pullets to bvf...and they were laying brown so i still am not sure how the blue gene would have got there....because they should have laid green or blue green if they had a blue gene....i am happy to take the blame though and bvf was texting me about starting her own line if feather legged black pea combed green layers. Lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Breed Specific Discussion”