Ameraucana - cockerel critique

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Ameraucana - cockerel critique

Post by Shnookie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am

I have these two blue cockerels from last year's hatch. They are full brothers. I am trying to decide if I should keep either or neither of them. I still have their father, and he is bigger than they are, but similar to the lighter blue one. I couldn't get a front view of the darker one. The lighter one is more filled out than the dark one, and his comb is flatter, but has small points on the middle ridge. He also has slightly curved middle toes. They weren't like that when he was young so I'm not sure what happened. The two of them were together until a month ago, and sometimes had mild fights.
The lighter one is heavier.
IMG_6620.JPG
IMG_6621.JPG
IMG_6627.JPG

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Ameraucana - cockerel critique

Post by kenya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 am

I don't like the tail set on your blue as well as the black. I like the comb and muff on the blue a little better than the black. Is that colour coming through on the blue? Hard to tell in the picture but if it is I don't like that. It might just be the way the black is standing but I like the chest on the blue better. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Which cockeral when held feels like the most substance to him?

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:45 am

Give Modern17 a shout hopefully he'll tell you, he's a judge.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:24 pm

I read this over and made my decision. I won't keep either. Thanks for your input.

Return to “Breed Specific Discussion”