Breeder found for unusual chickens

Satellite
On the Roost

Post by Satellite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi all

I am posting this only to let you all know of an Ontario Breeder that has some unusual breeds. I just got some Euskal Oila eggs from her and she mentioned that she would be selling off her Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas to make room for Sumtalers and Altsteilers [both originally from Greenfire Farms]. She also has blue/black/splash, jubilee and lemon cuckoo orpingtons, marans, chantcteclers, swedish flower hens and more [Some of her breeds from her website are no longer available, but you can ask]. Gwen said she will likely have eggs available throughout the winter.

Skara Brae Farms is located in Campbellford. This is my first time getting eggs from her, but she is our regular vet. She is a lovely soul.

I am not benefiting in any way from posting this--I just wanted to let you know as when I first started with chicks last year, no matter how much I googled farms in Ontario, I couldn't really find anywhere else to go but Performance Poultry [which I have gotten some good chickens from--no complaints.] I am thrilled to find this forum for sure and wanted to increase others' obsession with even more unusual breeds--those sumtalers are awesome looking!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Satellite; you've been flying out of sight...I see we never gave you an official welcome. :beer: so cheers and happy Oktober and welcome!

I think its fair to say to keep the leads coming. Good birds and rare breeds and serious breeders are always welcome information.

It seems there are those that surf websites a lot and dabble in breeding (like me) and those that are serious breeders and don't web surf much.

Keep em coming! (Also this site has been great as a social site and not populated by hustlers trying to make a buck....not that there's anything wrong with making a buck!)
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Gwen has some lovely birds and is great to deal with :wink:

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Some of my Cream Legbars are for hatching eggs I got from Gwen last year. Agree great to deal with.
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Satellite
On the Roost

Post by Satellite » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 pm

I think I did get a welcome some time ago--I just don't get a lot of chance to post. I love it here--everyone is respectful and it is a great environment

Zoe
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Breeder found for unusual chickens

Post by Zoe » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am

Just wondering the address for Skara Brae farms. Tried contacting through their website, but got no answer?

thejonesboy
Turkey Wrangler

Post by thejonesboy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

@Zoe just sent you a PM.
Andy :egg:

erinpreiss
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by erinpreiss » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi, also sent an email here and wondering if it is working?

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:50 am

erinpreiss wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi, also sent an email here and wondering if it is working?
Hi, email is funny here. The person has to open it for it to leave your outbox. They probably haven't logged on to see it yet :wave:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:47 am

Did you send to their email address or did you use the PTO private messaging system? As @Kbr42 explained, the PTO private message system has a neat feature where you can tell that your PM has been opened when it is no longer in your outbox. If you sent a member an email, there is really no way of knowing when it is read.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Return to “Breed Specific Discussion”