Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT)--UPDATE

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT)

Post by Robbie » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:47 pm

la-chicken wrote:QR_BBPOST And once vaccinating is complete. You must burn the contents.
Good excuse for wine drinking and a bon fire.
Why do you have to burn the contents?
Or maybe that's to justify the wine and bonfire? ;-)
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:53 pm

ILT is the only thing I vaccinate my birds for. Sandy it is very easy to administer, one drop to the eye, it's blue. You know it has been administered properly when you see their tongue turn blue. I buy it from Dr, Lloyd Weber just outside of Guelph, very inexpensive, one bottle for like under $20.00 and does a 1000 birds.

My birds have never had it but those darn sparrows run a muck in my barn and they are carriers!!

la-chicken
On the Roost

Post by la-chicken » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Robbie wrote:QR_BBPOST
la-chicken wrote:QR_BBPOST And once vaccinating is complete. You must burn the contents.
Good excuse for wine drinking and a bon fire.
Why do you have to burn the contents?
Or maybe that's to justify the wine and bonfire? ;-)
Partly the wine drinking............but it is on the mauxfactors label. To burn unused vaccine and materials.
Champion Breeder of the Best Birds I can. Bantam White and Black Wyandotte, Bantam New Hampshires, Bantam and LF Buckeyes, OEG- Black. Waterfowl: Embden Geese, Black Magpie, Blue Magpies and Blue Swedes.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:28 pm

FBCC Logo
On behalf of Ontario’s four feather boards, the Feather Board Command Centre wishes to clarify that the heightened biosecurity advisory announced earlier this evening has been rescinded.

The previous advisory was based on incorrect information provided to FBCC. The ILT case is actually in Dufferin County. Producers there are being notified. Steps are being taken to avoid such confusion in the future.

Any updates will be provided through www.fbcc.ca

SandyM

Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT)--UPDATE

Post by SandyM » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Those who don't vaccinate, can you explain why you don't? I like to hear both sides and as many angles as possible :)

Can't say I'm in a real hurry to vaccinate. I'm an anti-vax supporter in most areas.

Return to “Health”